1970 Rupp..200 bucks...what is it...clutches needed

So, I picked up this 1970 Rupp for 200 bucks last Friday. I thought it was an OK buy. It is obviously lacking parts and has a 5hp engine on it. The guy said it was an Enduro. I didn't know if it was an Enduro or a Roadster. It has the 10" rims, so I guess that makes it a 1970 right? How can I identify it as an Enduro or a Roadster?

I am going to put clutches on it and a cover to start. Can I just use the Comet 20 series drive and driven, and a comet belt? Seems like an easy solution, and allows me to avoid all the hassles with the original clutches and belts. Since I need both, it seems to make the decision easier. Will the comet 20 series fit under a stock guard, and can I get a right length belt? Probably have more questions, but I will save those for later.

banjo

1970 enduro it is !!!!!!!10" with front brake. Also exposed front springs and tree gusset dates it early at 1970. Dave

Last edited:

jrzmac

probly was an Enduro. the Roadster has lights, front and back. the Enduro had front brakes with no lights and the Scrambler only had rear brakes with no lights either. the Enduro had a 4 horse Tecumseh. the kickstand is on backwards also!

jrzmac

Thanks. Trying to get it in reasonable condition for my wife to ride at Windber:thumbsup:
actually all you need is like a 10 or 11 tooth sprocket, to go on the jackshaft where that belt clutch thing is. and a chain obviously. the one on the other side if original is either a 10 or 11 tooth. how is the clutch? is in decent condition? if so, it'll run with the clutch and the sprockets. I dont think it's as good as the original belt Torque Convertor but it'll run that way! you can get sprockets from Black Widow. or maybe even OldMiniBikes.com I'm pretty sure it needs to be 5/8".