1970 Taco 100

Engine looks amazing. Did you happen to mock it up in the frame with the header? Mine is a stepped torque tube and comes back straight. Maybe its an optical illusion but it looks like the meg might hit the bottom of the rear seat loop?

sonerenos

Engine looks amazing. Did you happen to mock it up in the frame with the header? Mine is a stepped torque tube and comes back straight. Maybe its an optical illusion but it looks like the meg might hit the bottom of the rear seat loop?

Thanks. It fit prior to the header being slightly shortened to fix the weld at the flange. I will see in the next few days when I can get some time to tinker. I don't think it should be a problem though.

sonerenos

Thanks. It fit prior to the header being slightly shortened to fix the weld at the flange. I will see in the next few days when I can get some time to tinker. I don't think it should be a problem though.

son of a basket case. that 1-2" I lost when fixing the flange weld certainly shortened it enough to hit the bottom of the seat loop. i just put it on another T100 I have here at the shop and it isnt going to work. Definitely have some good eyes @minibikin'

son of a basket case. that 1-2" I lost when fixing the flange weld certainly shortened it enough to hit the bottom of the seat loop. i just put it on another T100 I have here at the shop and it isnt going to work. Definitely have some good eyes @minibikin'
Sorry man. I just know mine was pretty snug in there. I don't want to hijack your build thread with a picture. I'll post some up soon when I get some time. The pipe is actually out for Cera-kote currently anyway. What if you had a spacer machined for the flange that were 1 inch? That would extend the pipe and possibly give you enough clearance. With the support bracket I wouldn't see it being an issue...

sonerenos

Sorry man. I just know mine was pretty snug in there. I don't want to hijack your build thread with a picture. I'll post some up soon when I get some time. The pipe is actually out for Cera-kote currently anyway. What if you had a spacer machined for the flange that were 1 inch? That would extend the pipe and possibly give you enough clearance. With the support bracket I wouldn't see it being an issue...

oh no hijack at all, this is what the hobby is about. sharing experiences and possible solutions. no need to apologize, appreciate you making mention of this so I didn't end up throwing in the towel and tossing a hammer at the bike lol.

please post some photos.

I have my buddy Michael who welded the flange making me an adapter, i figured i would shoot for 5" so i can have enough clearance to adjust the chain when sliding the engine back and fourth. I doubt it will happen in a timely manor, but a piece made out of aluminum is in the works which will not be so long.

sonerenos

after roughly 8 months of starting this project, i am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. i have moved, girlfriend and i are 14 weeks pregnant, i started a trophy truck project with my daily driver ford ranger and kinda lost interest in this bike. I finally decided to bring it home a few weeks ago from my moms garage, and went to visit her over the weekend and brought the bike home. its together, but just hand tight. still needs brake and throttle cables, chain, and the jackshaft secured. the tubes went flat, hoping i dont have to buy another set and change them out already, but i am notorious for pinching the tube with the wheel halfs. some photos of it in my new photo op spot, no more under the stairs photos, and where it resigns in my living room. I am sure the girlfriend will force it out of the house by this weekend.

IMG_3085 (002).jpg IMG_3086 (002).jpg IMG_3087 (002).jpg IMG_3088 (002).jpg IMG_3089 (002).jpg

It looks awesome. KILLER. Eight months for the build isn't bad. I have some I started on years ago. lol Congrats on your new place and becoming a dad.
P.S. Check the valve on the tubes. I have had some bad ones lately. One valve I unscrewed and it was all rusted.