1970's Sears Roper Mini Bike

Sears Roper Mini Bike - Complete
Price: $350.00
Payment Options: Cash preferred
Shipping Options: Prefer local pick-up, but will entertain shipment options from potential buyers

This bike has been family owned since new and is all original except for the front emblem having been removed and replaced with a Chevy "SS" emblem. What I believe to be the original engine is currently not running since the bike has been in storage for roughly 15 years. This bike is a lot of fun to ride and deserves to be brought back to life and enjoyed by someone who will make their own memories with it.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions and I will do my best to reply as soon as possible.

Is the throttle housing a brake lever? Are the welds on top of the front fork springs factory. Might be a bad pic but they appear a little "chunky". :shrug: Nice Sears survivor bike though.

Andrewp,

Sorry for the delay; here are some pics of the other side of the bike.

trailhopper,

Good question about the welds on the front fork. To the best of my knowledge they are original welds, although it is possible that the welds could have been repaired or strengthened at some point by my father. He was a mechanic for over 30 years and had many close friends that were mechanics, welders, etc.

Might be a deal breaker for you but it looks like the swingarm on the right side was broke in 2 pieces (or close to it) and rewelded. Thats the worst spot for a weld to hold up. Not sure if you knew that or not. Good luck.

trailhopper,

Looking at pics of each side, I see what you mean about the swing arm on the right side looking as if it had been repaired. What makes this area "the worst spot for a weld to hold up" as you say? This is a bit of a learning experience for me so I like to ask.

Any frame welds/reweld are not a good thing. I'm just saying that I wouldn't ride that bike but that's just my opinion. Others may feel differently.