1973 Princess Auto MiniBike

I just got a 1973 princess auto minibike tonight. howcome i havent heard anything on this brand before? is this a good bike? it came with a super old briggs (not original) no shroud so i have no way to tell the year i think but it has the oil air cleaner setup.

the princess auto mini is a scat cat made in tiawan , the name plate on it says asc 114 i have the same bike ,red in colour ,under the motor motor on the top of the mount ,under the motor ,there will be a stamp ,yta made in tiawan , in a circle , pm me your number ,will call .:thumbsup:

I just got a 1973 princess auto minibike tonight. howcome i havent heard anything on this brand before? is this a good bike? it came with a super old briggs (not original) no shroud so i have no way to tell the year i think but it has the oil air cleaner setup.
I also have a Princess Minibike, purchased from Princess auto parts store in Canada. It was given to me by my ex-boss who bought it new about 1973. I did not know that Princess was the actual brand. It was originally red, but had faded out to a pinkish color through the years. All he asked of me was to see it restored and I agreed, providing he rode it one more time. Well I went with my gut feeling...kept the pink color and added a few more accessories. I wish I would have kept photos of seeing Darrin ride the bike one last time around the parking lot at work, before bringing it home for good. We call it the little death machine because people are deceived (the looks) and usually end up on their butts after giving it a little gas.

I also have a Princess Minibike, purchased from Princess auto parts store in Canada. It was given to me by my ex-boss who bought it new about 1973. I did not know that Princess was the actual brand. It was originally red, but had faded out to a pinkish color through the years. All he asked of me was to see it restored and I agreed, providing he rode it one more time. Well I went with my gut feeling...kept the pink color and added a few more accessories. I wish I would have kept photos of seeing Darrin ride the bike one last time around the parking lot at work, before bringing it home for good. We call it the little death machine because people are deceived (the looks) and usually end up on their butts after giving it a little gas.

Looks like they put their name on what ever bike they sold.

The pink bike with the basket is a Montgomery wards bike.

Heres Jeep4me's monty wards.

princess auto is a surplus store, they sell all kinds of stuff ,they are the same as harbour freight name , in canada they distribute under the name power fist ,china stuff , all import ,shop tools ,cheap hand tools , engines they have a chain in canada .i don,t know if they sold montgomery wards in canada ,but montgomery wards were only the distributor ,not the manufactuer ?maybe the manufactuer sold to princess auto as well ? mine is dated 1973 on a plate ,and is made in tiawan for sure .scat cat i have two of them .