2 piece Lil Indian

mustangfrank

This just came up for sale in my area. How desirable are they and what would be a good price? I know something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it but would like a ballpark idea.
I don't completely understand or agree with the "no values given" policy here but those are the rules...nothing stopping you from posting their asking price and seeing if it's in range.

minibikefever

I just sold one complete with the chain cover and good brakes same 4hp powersport motor that ran good for 400.00, I think the guy got a decent deal for 400 because it ran good but the frame seemed to be modern cheap construction not really built to last, I picked it up with a couple other bikes without looking and never knew it was a 2 piece frame, seems more like a kit you could have delivered in a box?

When Allied first started producing these 2 piece frames - there was no tab on the rear - I have one of these as well - and you were expected to use a band brake on the clutch. A few years later they made the 2 piece with the tab so you could put the band brake on the rear hub. I almost bought a new top piece so I would have the option for the hub brake - but mine still works very well and other minibikes took over. If you have the welding skills - you should be able to replicate the new improved version.

minibikefever

I believe I have a clutch cover if you want to pay for shipping you can have it, as far as the brakes go you should order a band brake from allied and the tab or a bracket can always be added, seems like the easiest way to get brakes that will be original set up