2 sprocket clutch (chatters)

I have a max torque clutch that has some play where the sprockets (2) attach to the drum. Also has play in the front where the hub attaches to the shoes. Is this the way it's supposed to work? Clutch is in good condition.
All replys appreciated, Thanks

They are pretty tight when new and they loosen up pretty quick. I've had the clutch drums so worn that you could rotate the sprocket a 1/8" back and forth in the drum but the clutch still worked fine. Personally I would not worry about it.

2 sprocket clutch

Thanks for the fast reply. The clutch chatters. before it locks up the clutch grabs and slips, and theres movement back and forth in those areas I was talking about.

I have some locktite 360. It's good for out of tolerance and press fit parts. Would that help? I have to make sure I don't get it on the movable parts and ruin the clutch.
Anyone else with these clutches.

Oldsalt

The bushing is toast if it chatters and jingles. That is, by far, the the most frequent cause. If it is an old unit with lots of time on it the wear is expected. If it is a relatively new clutch there can only be two reasons for rapid ware. On is caused by not being oiled frequently enough the other a result of a gear ratio that is too high for the type of riding being done.

2 sprocket clutch

The bushing is fine. The clutch is in great shape. I'm talking about the play where the sprocket connects to the drum, at the snap ring. It also has the same amount in the backing plate where the shoes attach to the hub. The play is no more than 1/16, could be even less.

I bought this new and it came like this. Is it supposed to work this way or not? Is there a product that might tighten up these areas?

It is geared a little high.