2010 Baja Warrior MB200 - Lil Blue

Ordered up a HJC CL-Maxx II yesterday at a local store. It was only $15 more than the lowest price online from Leatherup or Jafrum so to me it's worth the extra money knowing I can exchange it and it'll hopefully fit right since I have a weird shaped head.

Hopefully I can wire up stuff this weekend since it's a long weekend. lights and such.

I need a horn to make it street legal and the light circuit is taxed enough with the driving light so I went to Target to get a sqeezey bulb clown horn, figure a horn is a horn right? This one will never have electrical issues. :) I know the one at Walmart was wicked loud!

They didn't have any horns in stock but to my surprise they had a mirror that I do need but wasn't looking for so picked one up. I was just going to get one of those plastic mirrors for bikes but this one looks more like a moped mirror plus it has good reach.

i had a baja a year back, all it was for me was trouble, gas kept leaking out of the cap, i was constantly having spark issues, and i had to buy a new carb every month or two. when i finally had enough i took the motor and slapped it on a go cart. when i did that i bypassed the govenor and it was very fast. one day i was riding it and it blew up. the crank threw the connecting rod and blew a hole in the case as well as cracked the piston, and tore up the dome. ill post pics later

Eeeek!!!! Wow! Hope you didn't get hurt!

I wonder how much you have to over rev for that to happen? Hard to estimate I guess as there is no tachometer or anything. Thanks for posting the pics! I e seen a video on YouTube with similar results.

Just talked to Baja motorsports and will be having the front fork recall done for free. :laugh:

When I drove it the last few times I heard a creaking noise from what appeared to be the front end and the gentleman on the phone at Baja said it could be the front forks. We'll see....

They give you a month from the time you register the warranty to do the repair and they cover it all. I might strip off the lights and such so nothing "disappears" at the shop... I'm paranoid.... :blink:

Will be picking up the Baja tomorrow morning if all goes as planned and also will be getting a helmet that was ordered that'll fit, XXXL. I know, fat head. I measure out to an XL but I think I have a basketball shaped head. Go figure...

Here's a pic of the old forks. The recall should be replacing both lower sections.

The Baja looks sorta like a little Harley Davidson Sportster, IMO.

I have the fenders off as they are pretty breakable, especially in the cold weather. Besides with the front fender off it'll make it easier for the person to work on it.

Couple more pics. I was thinking of even getting a moped spoked front wheel to make it look more like a mini Harley. I had a email with a guy that had old Honda parts and I wondered if the wheel would fit. Eh, maybe better off just sticking to stock. If I did go with a small motorcycle wheel I wouldn't have to worry about not having a DOT approved tire, at least up front.

Will baja just send the parts or do you have to take it somewhere... I have to dig out my bajas...
Gotta take it to a place. I asked about sending the parts to me and they say it has to be done by one of their dealers.

Do any of your Bajas need the update? If you have the VIN numbers and call them they will tell you right away if you need the update or not.

If I didn't choose the Avon location the other place was in New Hampshire and Baja Motorsports haven't used them in a while. The Avon place just did one of these updates last month.

One nice thing about this update is that as you may be aware is that I got this Baja Warrior used and it was pretty beat up. The front forks and front fender looked like it had got in an accident from the looks of it. The fender was cracked and the front forks if you look at the pic in the previous post you can see that the front forks are dented at the tops and the seals are all conboobilated.

The recall update will replace the bottom halves.

I have 4 mini bajas. I havent checked any of the vins. But I am sure at least 1needs he recall...
I think the recall starts with Bajas that were built starting 8/2010 to 8/2012.

If you don't do any crazy jumps it's probably not dangerous or anything but if you can might as well have the updates done.

philbo

Ok. Got the Baja and the helmet today. Nice to see the new shocks and they also replaced the spacers and the front axle. I saved the old front axle in case I need it if I have to size up a bearing or something. The people at the shop are really nice. I met the owner Brian.

Problem was that they put the wheel back in backwards, at least according to the arrow on the sidewall showing the direction of rotation. Anyhows it was for the better as they didnt lube anything so I took the front wheel off, reversed it and lubed up everything.

Started right up easy which was nice but there is still a bad vibration when I get it up to speed. Ill have to see at what speed it happens. Ill try using a GPS. I wonder if its the governor that's in the engine? I dunno.

If I let off the gas the vibration is still there although the RPMs go down. Weird.

Will have to go on some more rides to figure it out.

Last edited: