2015 Burt's Drift Trike - MTTW Class

wb4rt

Got my HDPE sleeves this week, and put them on last night! I think they look great. The black is better than reg PVC and much thicker.

Drift Trike 25.JPG

(I forgot to put the gloves in the picture - sorry)

I am making a chain guard. Painted it last night and will finish it tomorrow.

I also ordered some foot peg covers that should help keep my feet from sliding off. Thanks OldMiniBikes!

I wish it wasn't so cold so I could try it out this week-end!

Last edited:

wb4rt

Latest pictures, basically complete. Just a few finishing touches - then I'll be riding if the weather would cooperate.

Homemade chainguard:
Drift Trike 26.JPG

Foot pegs - 6 positions based on rotating or swapping which bolt is pivot:
Drift Trike 28.JPG

This bike was not made to use caliper brakes, so I fabbed a bracket and welded to forks:
Drift Trike 29.JPG

Drift Trike 30.JPG

Since it is no longer a Schwinn, it is now a Schwing (Wingfield)
Drift Trike 31.JPG

Last edited:

wb4rt

This is my March post to show I'm still in the Build-off, but I'm basically finished and just waiting for good weather to ride it.

I will post pictures or video in a few days.

wb4rt

This is my April post. I have ridden my drift trike around the yard a few times, but not had a chance to get on some asphalt yet to really try it.

My preacher is building one, too. So when we finishes his, we plan to use the Church parking lot!

Pictures or videos then.

wb4rt

This thing is fun, fun, fun!

This is my May 1-16 post to show I'm still around.

I have a riding video that I will post in the next day or so. :scooter:

I have replaced the front tire, cleaned up the rusty wheel, replaced the brake pads already, and shined up the front fender.

I had some "full grown" boys riding it last week-end. They had a blast until they bent my forks. :doah: So now they are straightened and re-inforced with 5/8" solid rod. I think they will hold up now! :hammer:

Pictures coming.

Last edited:

wb4rt

FINAL POST - PLEASE WATCH AND VOTE!

Starting picture of pile of parts:

Entry Picture.jpg

Finished trike:

Final Picture.JPG

Video of my daughter's first ride on a drift trike - she's grinning the whole time!

[video=youtube_share;IxdsYbZL0vs]http://youtu.be/IxdsYbZL0vs[/video]

OUCH! $60 a set!!!!
I have a friend that sells some but i don't think he has the black.
I am in the process of building my first drift trike, I pretty much have all the parts now but a few small things and now I can start assembling it.

wb4rt

OUCH! $60 a set!!!!
I have a friend that sells some but i don't think he has the black.
I am in the process of building my first drift trike, I pretty much have all the parts now but a few small things and now I can start assembling it.
Have you priced a joint of 10" PVC? Hard to find and VERY expensive - like $300 for 10'. And 12" HDPE is even more. So, considering they cut it and finish it it is really not much more than the price of the pipe.