212 predator question

I did rejet header filter and changed up my gearing and my bike feel fast for me. I think you would like it. And just because the motor is limited to 3800 doesn't determine your top out speed. Gearing plays a huge roll in it. I went from 72 to 53t rear sprocket and it a huge difference.

I also am not a mechanic, but I can tell you what I've found. I have a fairly built 196cc clone with all of the billet pieces, and then some. It screams. 8000rpms is a blast! But I don't dare put that on one of my mini bikes. I have kept my minis governed because they weren't designed for high speeds. I do have a header and air filter on my doodle, and I love it. It gets me moving without trouble, and it even threw me off last weekend (I've been riding motorcycles of all sizes for a long time). Have I considered removing the governor? Yep. If it is the only ride you have, you may get bored very quickly. But you'll need them if you end up removing the governor and buying billet eventually. For me, building these motors is a gradual process. I think about what I want, and then I buy the parts sporadically...mostly because I don't have the funds to do it at once. Going fast costs money. A lot of it. If you're really looking to have something with more speed, you may want to consider a dirt bike. Again, this is only what I know from my experiences. Hope it helped. Welcome to the OldMiniBikes.

check i got a pred on my bike, i got the billit flywheel,billit rod, both parts you cannot LIVE without no joke intended, if your stock rod breaks you might get a piston where the sun dont shine , flywheel breaks....just cut your leg off with a chain saw ,its like a grenade going off next to your foot.leg damage is all but unavoidable and you got arteries there youll bleed out in a 1:30! on my build i got the above named parts , also 18 lbs springs, and i found a custom 236 cam works great with my mikuni carb . i recommend getting the billit side cover , its double bearing design keeps your crank from flexing and that will help keep chain tensions under control , as you may notice your chain tension go from solid to weak as you roll the bike ,also jackshaft and a assortment of gears helps get you the speed you want, but youll have to remove the governor to get the hp gain you are seeking,BEFORE YOU REMOVE THE GOV< GET YOUR ROD AND FLYWHEEL< you do not want to ride with the governor out with stock rod and wheel ,you will get injured and jack up your bike that is expensive to repair. so rod, flywheel ,jackshaft {pmr}makes a nice 1, 18lb valve springs, mikuni 22 mm carb , {sawed off } shotgun header lol, rlv gold chain {2}
boxes, and my clutch is maxtorqe 15t drum, jackshaft in 15t, jackshaft out 13, rear sprocket 60 t split disk , not sure on exact speed but its fast enough to make helmets mandatory . if you customize this far or further , change the oil all the time not once in a while .with the engine turning so much faster the oil dont last as long. good luck hit me up if you need help at all.btw im no mechanic either, just follow instuctions to the letter and be sure of your work and youll do fine.and always after modifying turn it over a couple times by hand to check clearances and your good.

I agree, with the above IF you remove the governor. If it is governed but with the springs etc, you are ok.

Cars are the same way. Once you start to get REAL horsepower, you need SFI approved bellhousings for the same reason. A clutch letting go a &K WILL cut your leg off!!

@Naterater, got any pictures of the build? Do you have a thread started?

I just finished putting in a OldMiniBikes stage 1 kit on my 212 predator. My ears and the SOMP (seat of my pants) tell me that the engine is running better, smoother, and the bike feels quicker. I am pleased with the cost/performance ratio.