3.5 or 4 HP?

Motra

I noticed on this literature that the 3.5 and 4 horsepower minibike engines are both exactly the same dimensions. Same bore & stroke, same displacement, and even the same 2.61 kilowatt power rating, yet they claim different horsepower ratings. Hmmm?

You should be able too. They should be extinct yet.
Try ebay.
I got mine from PartsList
Scroll down to E12, "Air Filter Kit"
Some people have had trouble with this site in the past though. His responce time can be a little slow.

Those look to be the newer power sport engines. I do not know if they the same as the older engine.I ask a similar question to Brandt and he told me that the 3.5 horse has smaller valves and ports and a different cam than the 4 HP engine. He also said the HS40 and HS50 were closer to being the same except for the different exhaust port in the HS50. The flywheels were the same in the HS40-HS50 HP engine and the 3.5 HP engines were different.

Motra

All the part numbers are the same and everything. I'm pretty sure they're the same except for the sticker, but who would ever know!

The bore is the same. The H35 uses a TINY exhaust valve with the same intake valve as the 4hp. The 4hp has a exhaust valve the same diameter as it's intake valve. The camshafts are the same-same even as a hs40 but they have a compression release built in. I am working on putting the h35 2.500 piston in the old h30 that you cannot get pistons for anymore. The h30 block has the same large valves as an hs40.