3hp Briggs won;t idle our move my bike, what's up?

I am having trouble with my 3hp Briggs Flatty on my mini bike. It doesn't want to idle, it revs up good and otherwise works great until you let go of the throttle then it dies. Can anybody tell me what is wrong and how to fix it?

Also, the engine won't move the bike except for a little bit, the clutch is brand new and engages enough to roll the bike a little bit without a rider. Is the engine not reving up enough? Once again, can anyone tell me what is wrong and how to fix it?

If it helps, I am running a K&N air intake and a db carb opened up all the way. Do you think I should rejet it? If so, how much?

Thanks for any help. :drinkup:

125ccCrazy

take the db carb off and toss it over the neighbors fence and put a briggs or Tec carb on it...or better yet a small mikuni....'

is the engine reving much when the clutch starts to pull or is the engine bogging down?

The engine is bogging down when the clutch really starts to open up and engage. You think the carb isn't giving the engine enough fuel? I can fix that. :grind:

take the db carb off and toss it over the neighbors fence and put a briggs or Tec carb on it...or better yet a small mikuni....'
As for a carb swap I am really determined to see the DB carb work, but if not I am in the process of getting an old Tilly IDed so I will know if I can use it or not.

125ccCrazy

The engine is bogging down when the clutch really starts to open up and engage. You think the carb isn't giving the engine enough fuel? I can fix that. :grind:

As for a carb swap I am really determined to see the DB carb work, but if not I am in the process of getting an old Tilly IDed so I will know if I can use it or not.
those carbs are junk...more than likely it isn't delivering enough fuel And/OR you have an air leak around the carb or intake manifold......