5.5 Honda build up

I have a gx160 that is stock but i want to get it modified at the same time i do not want 2 spend to much money.My sprocket size is a 30 the teeth on clutch are 12.I know that i can remove the governor but what should i do after that:shrug:....

cxbra

Your ratio might be a little to low. 30/12= a 2.2 final drive AND a 12" rear tire is geared for like 50mph at 3600rpm. That gearing is great, just for a much bigger or higher performing engine than stock.. Big block power (torque to get off the line).

I would say, gear it for 35-40mph @ 3600rpm and remove the gov. Then get a billet rod and bearings (like $75-$100), valve springs ($20 or so), intake ($20) and header ($40). After that, richen up the carb tuning and it should be good to go.. If you really wanted to make more power, put in a 22mm carb and you should be at like 7-9 hp (realistically). Also nice max-torque clutch if you dont have one ($40) and it will rev to the moon!

Also, to make use of all those mods have someone port the head a slight bit and clean it up.