6.5 baja heat minibob "black betty"

Sweet looking bike. I like that tank, where abouts did you get it? How much was it?
Might be something to consider getting for my mini...
Thanks.

A Black Betty wannabe is next on my list. I think it will look great next to my war pony which I just finished. Looking for a set of front forks. Locally there is a parts bike, a 86 kx 80 would that be a simular front end does anyone know?
outdoorguy

Sweet looking bike. I like that tank, where abouts did you get it? How much was it?
Might be something to consider getting for my mini...
Thanks.
got the tank, petcock, and cap from ebay. for all 3 it was $97.34 shipped
-the petcock was $14.68 shipped described as "CHROME GAS FUEL TANK PETCOCK 3/8 NPT FOR HARLEY 55-74" from ebay user "sampowersports1"
-the cap was $9.65 shipped described as "VENTED CHROME 36-72 STYLE GAS CAP fits HARLEY FL FX XL 36-E82" from ebay user "endofthelines"
-the tank was $73.01 shipped described as "Peanut Gas Tank Harley Sportster 1955-1978 Bobber Custom Chopper Sporty Raw" from ebay user "stevenrullo"
i didnt have any problems with any ebay buys, shipping was always fast and packed nice, based on my experience of each purchase above, all users were great to deal with and i recommend them.

a little expensive but i like the looks of it, and its 2.4 gallons so i can ride forever.:thumbsup:

A Black Betty wannabe is next on my list. I think it will look great next to my war pony which I just finished. Looking for a set of front forks. Locally there is a parts bike, a 86 kx 80 would that be a simular front end does anyone know?
outdoorguy
im pretty sure it would be similar, i dont know much about dirtbikes but i think thats the newer version of what i put on mine....if you're getting the frame too that would be better as i had to do a lot of cutting grinding and bearing foolery to make it work in the stock baja "neck tube". with the kx80 frame you can cut off that neck tube, then swap it in place of the stock baja one (and maybe rake the front end out some in the process if you wanted), that way the bearings are all the same and in their designed tube. it will also let you use the stock front tire, brakes, controls etc...if i had the choice of a local parts bike i would've gone that route. keep in mind i did cut a few inches out of the springs in the forks to get the ride height i was looking for, if you choose to rake the front out, the longer forks will work well and you wont have to cut the springs.

good luck and i look forward to seeing what you come up with, things i should've thought about and wish i did

what did you use for a speedo on war pony?

The speedo is a digital one with a chrome housing
and magnetic pick up. I'm at work so don't have the
info. I have not had a chance to ride it due to weather.
About $50 from amazon. I'll get back to you.
Pick up a 86 Kx 80. Looks like it will be a good fit for a BB.
What is the front rim size and tire size? This has a nice dice brakes
with great stopping power. Think I will use KX steering
bearingand weld the warrior frame to it. Will start a log when I have all partsin a pile.

Outdoorguy

back from the dead

this isnt related to my build but didnt want to make a new thread just to say this

ill be making the trek up to York PA this weekend for the jeep show, ill be camping out at the fairgrounds there friday evening to sunday evening. meeting up with the jeeper friends that got me into minibikes...if anybodys in the area, swing on by have a beer and ride with us when we're not drooling over jeeps. (beer after riding of course):scooter:

I know its been a long time out but what happened to this build did it get finished?
i wont say its finished because there is more i want to do to it, but its being ridden fairly often. its been flipped back a few times by friends not heeding my warning to watch out when the TAV kicks in. i picked up an old mini that i've been slowly rebuilding, so the very little free time i do have has gone to that since black betty is ridable