6.5 baja heat minibob "black betty"

MiniBike Paul

No $ yet; those TAV's have always been a problem for me. I have a few and have played with them some and always had the same problem - that is, you give it gas and the clutches immediately go from low to high - I played with the spring settings on the driven but have never gotten one to work slowely, read that properly, and so i gave up on them completely.

The Powell rider i am putting together now has the clutches so I will have to mess with them; hope i can get it to work satisfactorily!

well after getting a $750 gas bill, things came to a screeching hault...i got some parts in i ordered up before the gas bill and got the front lowered so it looks and feels much better. got a new tube for the front, it wouldnt hold air on arrival

also got some of these fork boots, think they'll add a little style to the front once i get it dialed in

im sure some of you will frown upon this but i did it anyway, i cut the springs in the forks, took out about 3", still sits a little high but much better than before, and it doesnt dive as much as before when the front brake is applied. so far i like it. if i dont like it later on, i can pick up replacement springs for cheap...before and after

trust me, i cant wait to get rid of the ugly stock gastank and replace it with a real one, problem is funds right now dont allow it. im constantly on ebay and craigslist looking for a 2.2-2.4gallon peanut tank in decent shape thats in my budget...im hoping by the end of october ill have my hands on a tank have it installed and for the most part be able to say the minibike is finished, hope it pans out that way

yeah, its on my watched list too, the tank, petcock, and cap is like 104 and change shipped from them...if i cant find a used one with the cap and petcock for less in the next couple weeks, ill end up getting that one most likely. when i was at the beach there was one that sold for 60 that was complete, of course i wasnt able to bid but im hoping i can catch a deal like that...every penny counts

yeah, its on my watched list too, the tank, petcock, and cap is like 104 and change shipped from them...if i cant find a used one with the cap and petcock for less in the next couple weeks, ill end up getting that one most likely. when i was at the beach there was one that sold for 60 that was complete, of course i wasnt able to bid but im hoping i can catch a deal like that...every penny counts
I have one I'll sell to you.

I currently use it on my Warrior, but I think I'm pretty much done with that frame.

$30+ shipping

Tank can be seen here:

Last edited:

I currently use it on my Warrior, but I think I'm pretty much done with that frame.

$30+ shipping

Tank can be seen here:

Such tiny tyres.

Nate:
Put some significant rubber on that frront and rear.
Even if its just the back...
Trust me a 20-8-8 will not only look cool but lift the arse end, provide some ground clearence and make the thing drive much better.
http://s426.photobucket.com/albums/pp344/Dougwp/clone stuff/?action=view&current=100_9876.jpg

Last edited:

$30+ shipping

Tank can be seen here:

Two questions.....1 why have you had "your fun" with that frame? Don't like it any more?
2 why are your forks installed backwards? It must turn like shit with them on like that

hey, sorry about the 2 month hiatus, money got real tight and was out of town a lot...but im back with a little update.

i got the shock boots installed, painted the front end and the wheel

and this gas tank came in today, still need to get a petcock, cap, coat the inside, paint it, and mount it...but here is where it will most likely reside...a little big but o well

i also picked up a predator engine because i was having trouble with the stock one...and i bought this on ebay for $140 in the 40/41 chain flavor

i still need to paint the rear wheel, figure out what i want to do for the rear fender (possibly a front fender?), install tav, finish and install new tank and i should be happy for a little while. the tank location in the pictures (i think) gives it the best location for looks while still allowing decent steering without hitting. its a little bigger than i was hoping but i think it will grow on me, it will have to actually. what do you guys think?