6.5 Baja Warrior

Hey whats up guys, I just got this Baja Warrior. Its 100% stock everything from the factory. After I got it, I came to this site and now I think I wanna mod it. I also want to build up a DB30 but thats later. Does any body have some suggestions for the warrior? What are some of the first things I can do to it.

Not sure but i think the engine on the warrior is essentially a 6.5 Honda knock off so any performance parts for the Honda's/clones should work.

Don't quote me on this, someone here who knows for sure will probably post.

Vaxian

Mods

take out the chinese engine and put in a 350 Chevy with 4 bolt mains and a supercharger!:thumbsup:
May sound impractical but one can dream...

Last edited:
Baja Warrior

Hey! I got one also. I haven't even put any gas in mine yet. I bought a pair. One is a DB30 and one is a Warrior. I put a larger engine in the DB30 (Honda GX160) and have been really enjoying it. I think I will put a TAV II in the Warrior before I ride it. After reading some of the threads on the TAV I have got to have one.

yea TAV whats that? I'd like to remove the motor but I plan on riding the hell out of it in the woods. I live on a farm and some of the areas i wanna ride arent suitable for my 2 stroke 250.... its way too fast.... as far as performance, i was thinking about starting with a new clutch, any other suggestions?

Motra

A clutch really won't improve the performance unless there's something wrong with the original clutch. There's a LOT you can do with that engine, just scroll through the Honda/clone section and read up. The TAV is a torque converter that replaces the clutch and acts like an automatic transmission, it's actually a continuously variable transmission (CVT). The TAV works very well on the Warrior, it gives you more low end power and more top end speed.

I've heard about that, thats a start. I've heard alot about leaving the governor alone one these cheaper engines. it did come stock with the throttle stopper screw way in, i backed it out a little just to open it up some. but this is a honda clone? What's a good place to start looking for parts?

Yea, I'm totally new at this so I ate to hit everyone with a whole lot of questions but torque converter first sound good? Is that safe to do without gettin a bunch of other parts? By the way the 6.5 clone section has been helpful

keep reading the clone section. if you think of something, just do a search on the whole site. a lot of times threads get posted in a different section that have good info in them.

the TAV is a very good upgrade but it will take a bit of grinding to get it to fit and they're expensive (around $160 new).

most people start out with an air filter/adapter and a header. they're easy mods but you will have to play with the jetting afterwards. the TAV will most likely make the bike feel faster than those mods though. personally, i'd rather play with the engine and then do the TAV as a "final mod".

then it gets into the whole "i'm doing this so i might as well do this" situation and that's when you end up with a fast mini and an empty wallet. :doah:

Last edited: