6.5 HP engine made in China, any good?

I noticed a 6.5 HP engine on ebay or other places today. The model is JF200 and it says it is made by the Jiangsu Jiangdong Group in china. Has anyone here ever used this engine, or do you know of any other brands that may be better for the money. This one is sold with the clutch and chain package for about $200 with shipping. I'd like to upgrade to a 6.5, but don't want to waste my money if it's going to have problems after one month. Here's a link to a page with some info on it:

6.5HP Gasoline Engine (JF200/E) - China Motors,Motor,Pump Motor in Motor & Engine

I noticed a 6.5 HP engine on ebay or other places today. The model is JF200 and it says it is made by the Jiangsu Jiangdong Group in china. Has anyone here ever used this engine, or do you know of any other brands that may be better for the money. This one is sold with the clutch and chain package for about $200 with shipping. I'd like to upgrade to a 6.5, but don't want to waste my money if it's going to have problems after one month. Here's a link to a page with some info on it:

6.5HP Gasoline Engine (JF200/E) - China Motors,Motor,Pump Motor in Motor & Engine
Don't know about the engine your asking about but why not just get a Lifan 6.5hp like most members here have done.Then you won't be 2nd guessing. Easy Peasy.Good luck.

get the lifan motor they are the best of the clones and all honda parts fit perfect the others are junk they are the clone of the clones. plus you can find them for the same price if not cheaper. !!!

Ok, I'll fill in

Thanks for the reply folks!

lol

Anyway, i swapped for a 6.5 LiFan, which seems to be the same as the harbour freight engines, they all look identical to me, lol

beer, is beer...

Anyway, it goes like stink. I'm on a dirt road and it's too fast..had to adjust the gov' screw down, especially to 'break in' the engine (no high revs for the first few hours)

My Lifan is an ugly shade of orange, btw...
but it has loads of power...

And I'm in the , erm "two century" club, weight-wise...

$129 isn't that cheap for them on sale. they used to be down to $99.
You take what you can get if waiting isn't an option. I bought my 2nd HF clone in 2 weeks for $129. today mostly because this one is the old (2008) style with the Honda style gas tank. I need it for a new build I'm starting.

I bought a Habor Fraight 6.5 regular 159.00 at 129.00.Was worth it.All I had to do is empty packing oil, add oil, fill with gas, starts on first try every time.I got 3/4 shaft clutch at local lawn and garden that sold chainsaw parts.with chain around 40.00.old 2.5 I had to work on it every time we road it.Have fun