69730 Stock 27mm/25mm head

I have another predator 212 sitting, after helping a friend work on his car... apparently he thinks i like these motors! lol... am going to play with it at a later time...

anyhow... i have to put together the hemi shortblock i have and send it to a friend out of state and needed a head for it... ordered a honda 14cc clone head... but am being as strict on my budget as i can, so wanted to use parts of this motor to help finish the other...

I have had a few of this model number come thru the garage, but didnt pay attention to the head.. may be common knowledge, but when i pulled the head off, i noticed that it had the 27mm intake and better keepers/retainers...

gas tank is better too (shorter and cap more to the side) and the carb... normally this wouldnt be available in Ca i think, but when my friend orders them on the internet, the 69730 has shown up... he had a 69727 and 69730, I got to choose, so took this one...

just in case it isnt common knowledge, i thought i would post it... mainly for the Ca guys who hate the 69727...

carb on the left compared to the hemi carb... has a spring on the throttle mechanism, dont know about its size, hadnt seen one with this spring yet, holds the throttle closed

still going to use these parts on the clone 14cc head, but makes it cooler that it has the 27mm already... could have prob put the 28 in it and went stainless, but again, trying to watch the budget on this one...

im going to try to play with this head too... get rid of all the sharp edges, mill it, port it, bigger valves, etc. if i mess it up, oh well...

vwfan79

Never seen or heard of a predator coming with 27/25 valves and automotive style keepers and locks. That is a big money saver already having those parts from the factory.

That is the "NEW" style 69730; Valve stems are smaller Dia. 5mm; From speaking w friend manager Harbor Freight Hemis are Pretty much gone, were only produced as a filler GET Em whilst you can!.............Use Caution on heavy valve springs on the smaller valve stems!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
yes, valve stems are 5mm... what are they typically? i dont have any other stock valves to measure... i know the aftermarkets are 5.5mm but what are the typical stock valves...

Stock valves are 5.5 mm same as stainless replacement valves
thats what i was afraid of... ok, i have some stainless 27/25 valves ill use with the honda clone head and the hd retainers etc...

will stainless valves fit in this head, with stock guides (have to be drilled?), etc and new springs, retainers/keepers?

New guides or ARC has a reamer either way a valve job should be done to maintain concentricity of valves & seats also you will have to cut the seats to fit the valves @ Extra cost..........Dave

New guides or ARC has a reamer either way a valve job should be done to maintain concentricity of valves & seats
yep, which makes any advantage to starting off with this motor, for the budget minded builder, a waste... at least for me, because i would want at least 27mm-and the thicker one to start off with, or else, might as well go 28 or 28.5, if the stock valve cant handle lift and spring pressure...

hemi still for the win... as far as a budget build is concerned

bro went down to HF to take care of it for me... I have plans for one to use with that NR head anyway, but with a few key changes! just no rush to do so...

I just pulled a 69727 out of the box. It has the big valves w/small valve stems just like the pic. you posted ! Ports are bigger than my ported head ! Keepers, but no lash cap. manufactured 12-2013

Over here in Canada we have a Rato engine that has the RTC6 head... Same as posted above with bigger valves, and I also picked up a Predator 69727 that has a RTC6 head with the bigger valves...
The 5mm valves hold upto some good punishment and are lighter than the 5.5mm valves...