70's Huffy Hustler

I am looking for the following parts: A running 5hp tecumseh motor, Jack Shaft Complete, Torque Converter and Cover, Kick Stand and Right Foot Peg. I know its a shot in the dark but would like a new seat just like the one in the pictures. If someone knows i would like to know what year this bike is.

Attachments

markus

I am looking for the following parts: A running 5hp tecumseh motor, Jack Shaft Complete, Torque Converter and Cover, Kick Stand and Right Foot Peg. I know its a shot in the dark but would like a new seat just like the one in the pictures. If someone knows i would like to know what year this bike is.
just an FYI, that bike I believe was setup as a non jackshaft version hence the chain on the left with the idler pulley setup. Typical Torque converter setup that huffy used would not fit on that model without modification, and a jackshaft setup would most likely require swapping the wheel over and cutting the fender (possibly other stuff n the brake unit). There may be room to use a "TAV" setup off the engine, if thats possible you would not have to try and locate a chainguard :thumbsup: but I would say it might be a tight fit and may interfere with swingarm. A typical briggs may give you fits as well due to the tank and the rear of the frame.

Glenn Baine may possibly have a parts breakdown in his files, He has repro'd the owners manual (listed on ebay) and had the parts breakdown for one of the models of the Hustler I have had in the past. He would be my first stop if I was working on another Huffy :thumbsup:

I have one of those bikes. It will be difficult if not impossible to find a new seat. Like Markus said, check ebay for member glennbaine because he has a parts book for sale:thumbsup: I believe the bike is a 1970.

Thank you Dakota I keep this motor in mind went to change rear bearings and found left wheel half where bearing goes on the top was broken will tear it all down and take enventory of what else I'm going to need

I thought maybe someone done away with jackshaft and flipped the wheel around the tensor does not move thought they added an idler to it with the swing arm movement wouldn't chain come off a lot that's what it looks like haened but I could be wrong can't wait to see the manual it appears to be similar to the rupp set up

Markus I think you are right on about the jack shaft the bolt was to tight for it to move and there is a tab on the lower shock bolt for the spring to go and there is no where to bolt the torque converter cover on at the rear you all are a great help I'm more familiar with a Harley this I my first mini bike restore and I'm stuck on keeping it as original as humanly possible

Manchester1 thank you so much for your help and the pics are great help you all are awesome and I'm liking joining here everyone is so helpful its gonna be a cool little bike for the grandkids think I'm gonna have to make me one to
I

Welcome aboard Dennis. You have my email if I can help in any way. Manchester1 is making me regret selling that bike! :)

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

I think they are cool little bikes did not know huffy made mini bikes I grew up riding a scat cat and a Heinz 57 deathtrap man that thing was fast and fun but one day after school dad was home early and rode it and well let's just say after that day I never seen it again I'm telling you I cried and pouted for a month you guys on here are a great help brings the kid out in me not Harleys but they are fun to build and ride thank you for having me here