71 Rupp. Can I just replace the rim or do I have to find another wheel

GustoGuy

I am a Pharmacist and you will definitely need to be up to date on your Tdap vaccine just to touch that rusted through Rupp rim. I am surprised that nobody seems to offer reproduction rims for the 12 inch Rupp bikes. Check out Ebay or Blackwidowmotorsports.net to see if they have anything.

I am a Pharmacist and you will definitely need to be up to date on your Tdap vaccine just to touch that rusted through Rupp rim. I am surprised that nobody seems to offer reproduction rims for the 12 inch Rupp bikes. Check out Ebay or Blackwidowmotorsports.net to see if they have anything.
Not to hi-jack the thread but I’m curious…,as a pharmacist can you walk in each morning and say…well let’s try one of these tiday? Make the day very interesting, just saying…

DaddyJohn

I’d reuse the hubs if I could find a 12” -28 spoke replacement rim. Any ideas? I already tried steel wool.
It looks like 12” CRF50 wheels (aftermarket, stocks = 10”) are 28h, so maybe something along those lines might be adapted? Here’s an example, but maybe there are cheaper alternatives. https://bbrmotorsports.shop/products/388-hxr-5211?currency=USD&variant=40676435394675&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&stkn=4661a9acd2bc&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjLGyBhCYARIsAPqTz18-SDiwWN2P5mFAf1iR-yUHsZ4dncYct2ieUYGpJH-2BVr4yRXASjQaAhhUEALw_wcB

Last edited: