71 Rupp frame kickstand holes

Hello,
Anyone have a picture and proper hole dia for the 71 Rupp frame?
It's the 2 front ones where the stand mounts on.
Thanks in advance
Joe

Thanks. Really could also use the hole diameter and picture of the frame as well. Pretty sure mine are enlarged where I will have to
weld them up.
Thanks Again.
Joe

Yes, they get worn oblong from use over the years. Do you have the kickstand? If so, best thing is to weld the holes up and redrill them slightly larger than the ends of the kickstand that insert into the holes. That is what my son and I did on the 1970 Rupp Ropadster we uesd to have.
Michael

Thanks Michael & Karen,
Makes sense to have the kickstand in order to determine hole size as well as the other portions
related to the frame/stand. Will order up one in the next couple of days. And go from there.
Much appreciated,
Joe

cfh

On nearly every Rupp i have worked on, I use a TIG welder and fill in the kickstand holes, and re-drill. Also the lock area just below the hole always needs to be rebuilt too. Again, TIG weld that area and die grind it back in shape (and slightly larger.) Otherwise the kickstand can fold forward, which you never want.

Appreciate all the responses and pictures. My frame is just like the pics. Ordering a stand today and will get everything tig welded up.
Going to the surplus metal place today to get some copper blocks and rods. Figure I would make a backing plate with a rod inserted
into it and weld around the rod. One fixture for each side. That way the holes will be centered the same when done. I'll post a picture
when completed.
Thanks again
Joe

ELT

I have fixed several rupps with worn kickstand holes. I've always welded the holes in and filed or drilled the holes back to size.
I have been thinking of welding a piece of flat stock on the inside of of the frame behind the kickstand hole and drill it to size in addition to welding the hole in. This will give a larger stronger bearing surface for the kickstand.