800 members...

Hent

Yeah, there was a huge number increase because I changed some options on the site. You need to be a registered member to view pics now, so all of the people who come, look at the pics and leave have to register to see the photos.

I did this in hopes of having more people post and having the forum more active, and while it's gotten some, I'm going to work on ways to get more people active on here.

There are also around 100 spam accounts that I have to delete, but I only do it 30 days after registration to make sure they dont confirm their email (as a real person)...

So, if you're reading this and haven't made your first post yet, whats stopping you??

delray

hent, i think you will be spaming? i would think 100+ people are minibike guys? that have not posted.:001_unsure:

:scooter: .......................

65ShelbyClone

Something else I noticed is that a number of people register here just because they have something to sell. A number of forums I visit have a mandatory minimum post count before someone can put up classifieds.

So far the classifieds haven't been too much of a problem, if people want to register just to post their stuff, its not so bad simply because it puts more stuff on the market for all of us to purchase. Maybe a part someone needs, etc

I could set a lot of silly little options up, but a lot of times that pushes people away from the site. This site has been up for just over 1 year now and has done fairly well. It'd be nice if the new members (and older members, but quiet) would post more often. The more people that are posting, the more new comers can "fit in" easier.

We'll see...

65ShelbyClone

I just mentioned it because it's kind of a pet peeve of mine. Its a more significant irritation on 20,000+ member forums where they get 50 people a week signing up to sell parts and then disappearing. This isn't meant to be a thinly veiled complaint, just planting the bug in case it does become an issue.