A Doodlebug isn't complete without a 6.5HP!

Two things,you should of left the tank on the engine,and when you started it up sounded like the rod was fixing to come out of front of the motor,or you have one worn out clutch.:scooter:

Its the clutch, you can see the chain snatching when he starts it up.

Pull the clutch off, take it apart and clean it up. If the clutch bell has a bushing, wipe a VERY thin layer of oil on it with your finger.

Two things,you should of left the tank on the engine,and when you started it up sounded like the rod was fixing to come out of front of the motor,or you have one worn out clutch.:scooter:
I agreee the tank would look far better on the engine, that clutch is filthy also. The fact the choke remained on for the first few seconds did'nt help the sound!
I have two DBs with clones and one with a B&S 3hp that runs fantastic, my 7yo daughter rides the one with the briggs and my 15yo son rides a cloned one as do I! We love our DBs but have a bunch of vintage stuff, the thing we like the most about DBs is guilt free modification!:thumbsup:

Well,

The video is cool. However, did anybody notice how awesome where he lives? Forget the bike. It needs a lot of work. I would love to live in that neighborhood.

Awsome Country....:thumbsup:

TT

Yeah wish my neighborhood looked like that! I live in a Preppy neighborhood! where the start of my open header motor on my 79 Lincoln is automatic ticket from the police! Your streets are nice and wide also!

But yeah with some work that bug will be a ripper! At least if you do it right!:shrug:

Hmm, thanks guys for your comments! I do live in a pretty sweet spot, as for the clutch, not quite sure, im taking the whole thing apart in January, sandblasting every piece and painting the bike Chrome, which should look pretty sweet! I'll take a look at the clutch and take it apart and see if its dirty than.

I did notice your forks are bent. If your going to take it all apart and paint it up why not buy a new set of forks? You can get them from the bajamotorsports website for under $15.