A somewhat epic 4th of July pack rat nest removal. (Arizona style)

A friend of mine made a pound of his homemade firework putty this year, a capful will make an explosion about the size of that one of yours. He uses aluminum oxide and some other ingredients, the blasts are rapid and breathtaking. I know enough to be dangerous too and used to make some magnesium and aluminum oxide vessels with smokeless powder and a coiled magnesium fuse a foot long but stopped when I went down in a bar ditch and set the biggest one yet off. When it went off we could not breathe for a couple of frightening minutes and we were 30ft away, it blew a 4' pothole in the road about 2' deep and then once we got to our feet it rained down all the stuff that once occupied the hole. Scared the shit out of me, that entire roll of duct tape binding it caused it to be many times more intense but that's why I did it. So I'm out of the demolition business, the stuff we did back then would get me thrown in jail for some time these days. Be careful out there, looks like a long trip to the ER.

A friend of mine made a pound of his homemade firework putty this year, a capful will make an explosion about the size of that one of yours. He uses aluminum oxide and some other ingredients, the blasts are rapid and breathtaking. I know enough to be dangerous too and used to make some magnesium and aluminum oxide vessels with smokeless powder and a coiled magnesium fuse a foot long but stopped when I went down in a bar ditch and set the biggest one yet off. When it went off we could not breathe for a couple of frightening minutes and we were 30ft away, it blew a 4' pothole in the road about 2' deep and then once we got to our feet it rained down all the stuff that once occupied the hole. Scared the shit out of me, that entire roll of duct tape binding it caused it to be many times more intense but that's why I did it. So I'm out of the demolition business, the stuff we did back then would get me thrown in jail for some time these days. Be careful out there, looks like a long trip to the ER.
In today's world, a whole bunch of the stuff we did as kids, would still have us in prison. Remember simple things like stealing a kiss from a girl?
For the love of God, today you would now be branded a sex offender, a pervert, a rapist, expelled from school, exiled from the church, and thrown in Joe Arpaio's desert tent city to rot.

We used to make all kinds of things that went boom. Today, you wouldn't be able to travel, would be called a terrorist, and the list would go on forever. I'm so glad I grew up when I did.

I fail to see the parallel you are drawing here between sexual stuff and explosives.
But I think I get the gist of what you are saying.
We were always taught not to touch chicks like that unless they wanted to.
Or maybe this is more of that unique sense of humor lol

I fail to see the parallel you are drawing here between sexual stuff and explosives.
But I think I get the gist of what you are saying.
We were always taught not to touch chicks like that unless they wanted to.
Or maybe this is more of that unique sense of humor lol
Naw. When I was a kid, if you liked a girl, you pulled her hair, or caved her head in with a schoolbook, well, not caved. Today it would be assault.
We used to take firecrackers apart and make much bigger ones. No one cared. Today might be accused of making IUDs.
And whatever you do, don't point your finger at another kid and say bang!

I'm just saying everything wasn't labeled back then, and people weren't so uptight.

Gotcha, that's kinda what I thought. We did all that stuff too, and I know exactly what you mean. Kids would fight, then it would be over. You took your beating and went on with your life. And we skated on the river and went fishing by ourselves and never wore helmets or gloves and got spanked by our parents and we didn't wear sunblock and we turned out fine.

WLB

Yes, sadly it is a changing world we live in. The inmates have definitely taken over the asylum.

I liked your video BBQJOE. Wish I could do that to some of the groundhogs here. The pellet rifle won't take a mature groundhog down unless you can get within 30 feet.