Adams Motorsports Park

Mac

Last time I was there they had pocketbikes racing on the track. I find it hard to believe they would allow slower vintage minibikes out on the track with the "racers". Stranger things have happened.

edwin

i was gonna try to make this one, sure glad i didnt. i was gonna try again on the 30th, but with what i just read from mdb. i dont think so.

crazy dave what happend ? did you get to run or what ?

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Yeah I want to get some more info from someone who brung a bike. My friend didn't bring one but he said no one rode.

Me and a few of my other buddies are gonna go to the next one just to check it out. But not to ride.

Sorry for the delay, needed some time to figure out the next step.
Went to Adams 9/16 and ended up meeting some fellow racers.

Here is the scoop:

We did not run our bikes or were allowed to run our bikes last Wed. At the track there were some 200cc or so supermoto bikes running, about 5 of them, and some race karts in different sets. It is as simple as this, the track insurance policy does not include "minibikes", which can be a liability for the track owners. If one of us minibikes goes down and the staff attempts to make an insurance claim (for whatever reason), the insurance company can say NO CLAIM since the vehicle type was not included in the insurance contract or policy. So Adams would have to front the bill for the claim and at that point the track may be destroyed-track land sold and bulldozed for industrial buildings gone forever.

Its as simple as that, so what's the next step?

Numbers . . . Adams is a money making operation and its going to take a good size "market" to justify the additional cost(s) of altering the policy to include our bike types. We need to have our presence known. Email and call the track staff, promote the track and the possibility of events for minibikes with your local group or crew. Perhaps a pettition would be the easiest to set up (I plan to set up one, somehow).

Seeing the ADAMS track in person is the only legit way to experience how cool it is. Riding it is even better, smooth banked turns, lighted at night, Im fortunate I was able to get track time recently and in the past.

There is so much potential here, minibike road races set up like kart races, like actual leagues and stuff.

I know from Fresno, we will not be able to commit to a schedule (at least the few friends that we have in our group). Its a distance to travel and it seems like its a maybe we can race maybe we cant type of thing.
My thoughts if you can get a good following in your area you will be able to attract more people from around the area. The guys in LA it would be real hard to get them down every week for lets say weekly point races.
If we knew that there would be races we may be able to come to alot of them but between that and the closer track we would have to change our tires back and forth.

I would love to go to the track road is my favorite racing.

jRad

Sorry to revive this ancient thread, but rather than start a new one and lose the previous members input I figured I would post here. I just looked at the Adams Motorsports Park website and it now says "mini bikes" right in the description. Mini-Bikes & Motorcycles | Adams MotorSports Park

I am hoping there will be enough interest to possibly get something going again over there, it looks like an amazing place to ride, especially on a summer night under the lights :scooter:

Adams Motorsports Park is also home to motorcycle racing! If you have a minibike, pocketbike, or shifterbike 150ccs or less,
That excludes most vintage bikes. 150cc or less.... Hell, every engine in my garage is over that limit except the GX120 in my wife's bar stool racer. :hammer: