adapter plate from OldMiniBikes

ok just recieved the adapter plate to put a predator on a doodle bug, gen 1.
slots in plate measure 80mm centerline original slots on bike 62mm....ooops! will call on monday, anyone else come across this?
mark

I still have the plate sitting on a shelf haha. Took the whole doodle frame to my friend and he made me new slots to fit the predator on the engine mount. Figured its only a doodle frame haha

When I found out you had to drill holes anyway/it wasn't bolt on, I returned it and OMBW was really great about it. But, they did say that they were gonna change the description on the webpage to disclose that fact. I guess they never did?

:shrug:

I do not see it as a big deal to have to drill holes (expected, really), If, on the other hand, there are no instructions that come with it that tell you WHERE to drill that IS a problem, and definitely a shortcoming. Do I understand correctly that the mounting plate from OldMiniBikes does NOT come with any instructions whatsoever?
Michael

I do not see it as a big deal to have to drill holes (expected, really), If, on the other hand, there are no instructions that come with it that tell you WHERE to drill that IS a problem, and definitely a shortcoming. Do I understand correctly that the mounting plate from OldMiniBikes does NOT come with any instructions whatsoever?
Michael
Unless something changed you don't get instructions. If you want instructions buy a plate from hotrodminibike.

Unless something changed you don't get instructions. If you want instructions buy a plate from hotrodminibike.
That was the essence of my question as I know for a fact that Brad (hotrodminibike.com) DOES provide detailed installation/drilling instructions on the one he sells.
Michael

Its not that big of a deal to drill the 4 holes. I did it in about 10min. The plate is a better option and has more maneuverability than just slotting it.

Here are some guide lines to follow. Scroll down about half way.
https://www.affordablegokarts.com/DoodlebugBuildUp.php
If you have to drill holes anyway, why bother with the plate? It's not that big of a deal to drill the holes and mount the motor correctly without the adapter plate.

If you're talking Predator 212 on a DB-30, with or without the plate, you don't have much room to move the engine to make up for chain stretch any-friggin-way.

Just sayin...

The stock tensioner is the far better option.

:thumbsup:

If you have to drill holes anyway, why bother with the plate? It's not that big of a deal to drill the holes and mount the motor correctly without the adapter plate.

I sorta wish I didn't make the OldMiniBikes plate work on mine because now the gas tank is so close to the frame it's a pain to get the cap off. :shrug:

I still like the plate, all you have to do is drill the holes for the bolts that mount the plate to the bike in a spot that will allow the most adjustment. It is handy for bikes that you swap motors around on often and makes adjustment easy. I am working on getting one for all my bikes. :thumbsup:

Sent from my iPod using Tapatalk

:scooter:
ok just recieved the adapter plate to put a predator on a doodle bug, gen 1.
slots in plate measure 80mm centerline original slots on bike 62mm....ooops! will call on monday, anyone else come across this?
mark
:scooter:I end up drilling two new slots on the plate on the bike,then reverse the clutchso the motor would be centered up with the foot pegs