Adjustable bearing hangers, 1" Live Axle

I want to use something like this for a project im into... had i had them with my project Repo, they would have come in handy.. they dont have anything like this available for 1" axle... or this style... so hopefully i dont have any bumps during "testing". i have a couple more repo style projects where these will work nicely, if my thought process is ok on it...

I hope these smaller projects I have going, like this and the triple trees are fit for this area and their own thread... because I consider them separate mini projects... I hope people like seeing this type of stuff... while basic for some, im having fun using cad and seeing what i can do with the program and a friends laser cutter... on a very small budget... i have something very big im working on too... more on that later...

please feel free to criticize, many may not understand whats in my head, until they see it on a project... but it is something i need/want.. if they work, they need to be trimmed down according to the style of bike they will be used on...

hopefully they make more sense, when put together and having all the hardware

My only thought is the bracket is weak on the back of the C. Unless it is supported, it may bend.

What are the keyed pieces for? Turn them 90 for adjusters?

Any thought of a 3 bolt version?

Great idea bro! Most people don't even mess with 1 inch live axle but that's what i decided to run on my boonie.
thanks

My only thought is the bracket is weak on the back of the C. Unless it is supported, it may bend.

What are the keyed pieces for? Turn them 90 for adjusters?

Any thought of a 3 bolt version?
i can do a 3 bolt version...

i can add more bracket to it... all pieces in pics are 1/4" thick...

also.. .in the pic it is not oriented the correct way, for what im doing... it will be mainly to help tension the chain... the open part to the back... on a swing arm bike, with a jackshaft...

similar to my repo project

Assuming a 5/16 bolt, that is probably way more adjustment than anybody needs. Even a 3/8" bolt, which would be big for this, too much. 1/2" adjustment max should be all you need. If you want more than that, shorten/lengthen the chain.

The adjustment area you have there would be enough for a full link+, maybe 3, difference in chain length.

I am rambling and had a few adult beverages, but still speaking like I see it.

Don't get me wrong, I like the ideas you are coming up with.

Assuming a 5/16 bolt, that is probably way more adjustment than anybody needs. Even a 3/8" bolt, which would be big for this, too much. 1/2" adjustment max should be all you need. If you want more than that, shorten/lengthen the chain.

The adjustment area you have there would be enough for a full link+, maybe 3, difference in chain length.

I am rambling and had a few adult beverages, but still speaking like I see it.

Don't get me wrong, I like the ideas you are coming up with.
funny... cause the first one i drew up had 1/2" of adjustment and i thought the same thing... but would work the same and work with more than just #35 chain... once i cut these... ill change it up, just wanna see if it works... and yes 5/16s bolts and hardware...

also, on repo.. the length of the chain, with the jackshaft etc... is odd which is why i gave more room for adj... once i put the first one together and see if it works... i will finalize it... wasnt sure if anyone else would want something like this.. but if there are. i can incorporate more into it... fairly easily... just wanna make sure the concept works as i planned it and is feasible the way i did the tabs... for a do it yourselfer...

will prob end up drilling and tapping the hole in the locking/adj collar too in the end... its 1/4" think should be enough thread to help make adj easier... then just lock it down with a nut... but if not, two nuts will work... lol

Take a look at the bearing hangers on the rear of my jr drag project, its using BMI hangers with the 2 holes milled into one, then I will tap an adjuster into the front of a anodised billet 3 bolt carrier and done!

Cheers. Coxy.

Take a look at the bearing hangers on the rear of my jr drag project, its using BMI hangers with the 2 holes milled into one, then I will tap an adjuster into the front of a anodised billet 3 bolt carrier and done!

Cheers. Coxy.
sweet...

i had seen some for 1.25" axles... but none for 1" coulda used them on one of my other projects...

as seen in this pic (the two different style tabs... i cut a special tab, with the correct dimension for the head of the adj bolt... to be welded as one piece... they came out nice and will work great as is... but ive made some changes to it and the triple trees, will put the revised version together and the make a simple custom frame to test/try it all out with.. then offer that project up for sale, before moving forward to another... hopefully i can sell it for a great price... hopefully it will look nice when done