All original Canadian survivor find!

A great score, those are interesting bikes and you found a jewel up there.
Thank you sir:thumbsup:

These bikes do have a unique history as I was told by one of the assembly line workers the other day that these mini bikes were not solely produced from a recreation stand point. Some of the designs incorporated were the large 8 inch wheels so these bikes could easily roll through sand on tobacco fields, higher stall clutch and HD #40 chain and sprockets! I thought that was pretty neat.

I'm 6 foot 5 and it fits me great and super comfy, can't wait to ride it!

Hey Sprocket...regarding the seat, check with manchester1, she makes beautiful reproduction seats of all sorts of models.
[MENTION=18286]manchester1[/MENTION]

Awesome find! Congrats. I also like the 78 Impala in the background. I had the same car, same color, in high school. I transplanted a 1970 LT-1 motor with Nitrous into it. Great sleeper car. I'd love to have another one.
Joe

Super pumped! Going to pick this up this AM. Delhi Metal Products DMP Scamper! Seller says it's been in the family since purchased new for a Xmas gift in 1972!

I've never owned such an original mini bike before. I plan on keeping it bone stock and giving it a light once over.

What hp do you think that Tecumseh engine is? I'm thinking either an H35 or HS40 perhaps.

Seat
I don't have that pattern but if you want a exact reproduction, you will need to send me that seat. You can PM me if interested.

Awesome find! Congrats. I also like the 78 Impala in the background. I had the same car, same color, in high school. I transplanted a 1970 LT-1 motor with Nitrous into it. Great sleeper car. I'd love to have another one.
Joe
Hey thanks man. I'm really enjoying this bike so far and it's cleaning up very nice.

That's my daily driver and good eye on the year but it's actually a rare Canadian only Bel Air model that was only sold in Canada on the new for 77 downsized models and lasted until the 1981 model year. Super base model with only 3 factory options. It has the 250 cubic inch straight 6 engine. It was oil undercoated from day one and it's super rust free and solid.

That's a killer engine swap and I've wanted to do something like that with this car but the 250 6 works so good for every day use.

Sprocket86

Since photobucket S%i$ the bed I'd thought I would repost pics of my all original 1972 DMP Scamper.

20170611_092500.jpg

Unfortunately I had to replace the carb and both inner tubes. Apparently someone thought the fuel mixture screws were loose and were rammed in so tight it buggered up the carb mainbody!

A $9 Ebay H35 replacement carb saved the day. Although it doesn't run the best off idle and into the midrange.