All original Canadian survivor find!

Sprocket86

Super pumped! Going to pick this up this AM. Delhi Metal Products DMP Scamper! Seller says it's been in the family since purchased new for a Xmas gift in 1972!

I've never owned such an original mini bike before. I plan on keeping it bone stock and giving it a light once over.

What hp do you think that Tecumseh engine is? I'm thinking either an H35 or HS40 perhaps.

Love the lazyman fuel line reroute, lol

I wanna say I remember reading stock they came with a 3hp. Don't ask me where (I do know it was on here), when I seen it, or even why I remember that.

Last edited:
Very nice find.
[MENTION=26354]bigrob[/MENTION] and [MENTION=29686]rugerthedog[/MENTION] rebuilt a couple of those last year. Nice mini bikes.

Enjoy yours Sprocket...!

Last edited:

Sprocket86

Thanks guys! I'm quite happy about this find. Didn't shell out a ton either for it. Engine has solid compression and seems quite lively compared to my Powersport 3.5hp Tecumseh.

The frame and forks are arrow straight and only the left foot peg mount has been bent slightly. I think someone went to far backwards and biffed, the rear fender has a slight tweak.

Has the always missing clutch/chain guard and even the "Scamper" decal is still there. According to the seller it was purchased new from Tillsonberg Canadian tire for an Xmas present in the winter if 1971 for his kids to ride. Has CTC 50th anniversary decals on the front and rear fenders. Some how this one escaped the fate that awaited most mini bikes, abuse and neglect over the years.

Here are some more pics of this tobacco field runner!

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
The fuel line route is Funny, Along with the black exhaust scorched rear fender. LOL

But, What a sweet find :thumbsup: H35 by the photos 148cc

Which would be correct for the bike.

Last edited:

Sprocket86

The fuel line route is Funny, Along with the black exhaust scorched rear fender. LOL

But, What a sweet find :thumbsup: H35 by the photos 148cc

Which would be correct for the bike.
I'm defiantly going to reroute the fuel line the correct way and lol...it's pretty charred up from a rather rich mixture I'd say. I'm hoping it will come off with ease.

Thanks man. It's my first real true vintage survivor mini bike and I'm loving the sweet H35 tec motor.

Sprocket86

Some pics of the clean up tear down. The engine has never been removed from the mount plate and it has all of it's original hardware everywhere! I don't ever think the chain has been adjusted.

Cool bike! That's a great find. (I had to wait until I got home so I could actually see the pictures :laugh:)
Thanks man and yes I feel the same way. I played the dice on a kijiji want ad and it came out great. This will only be lightly ridden and enjoyed. I want to preserve this very well as long as I own it.