All original SURVIVORS

3 original survivors..

1970 Rupp Roadster, 1971 Cat Eliminator. . 1970 JC Pennys Foremost Golden Pinto from Bird Engineering. thought I'd share..

Last edited by a moderator:

Sears Drover

Everything here is original with the exception of the red throttle cable. Not even gonna try and restore it because it is way too nice the way it is.

1971 Rupp Hustler

Original survivor with very low miles, found at Antique Mall in Spring Lake, Mi last week. This is after several days of cleaning and polishing. Frank

jrzmac

Original survivor with very low miles, found at Antique Mall in Spring Lake, Mi last week. This is after several days of cleaning and polishing. Frank
that thing is sweet! looks like it's all there except for the bowl type carb. the kickstand is backwards also, but thats an easy fix.

Well here she is before her major cleanup. I've had her for over 43 years and she's due for a new heart and lungs. I might just see if I can get her running as is, but I really want to Predatorize it. I weigh far more than I did when I was 14.:doah:

Well here she is before her major cleanup. I've had her for over 43 years and she's due for a new heart and lungs. I might just see if I can get her running as is, but I really want to Predatorize it. I weigh far more than I did when I was 14.:doah:
For the love of God man!!!!!!!!!! Dont do that to that poor defenseless Rupp. :doah: But if you decide to..I will give you 50 bucks for the motor:laugh:

Last edited:

markus

When I redid my '70 scrambler I took that pesky gear with the flyweights on it out of the inside of the motor :wink: new piston/rod, reseated valves and resealed the gas tank to keep the debris out of the troublesome carb and that little 3.5 turned out to be quite the rider, only problem I had was those weak ass betor shocks arent worth a dam when your 225lbs :laugh:

this is the current roadster survivor I am working on right now:doah:, gonna flip the bolt to head side down on the rear fender so I dont rip the tire :

jrzmac

For the love of God man!!!!!!!!!! Dont do that to that poor defenseless Rupp. :doah: But if you decide to..I will give you 50 bucks for the motor:laugh:
yeah really, PLEASE don't put a chinese clone engine on that bike!!!! except for the throttle and grip, that thing looks all original. I would just clean it up, try to get some of the rust off. maybe a paint job if needed, a set of the right grips and decals, clean up the engine and carb and thats about it.

yeah really, PLEASE don't put a chinese clone engine on that bike!!!! except for the throttle and grip, that thing looks all original. I would just clean it up, try to get some of the rust off. maybe a paint job if needed, a set of the right grips and decals, clean up the engine and carb and thats about it.
Clean it up and ride the Rupp , If you paint the bike it is no longer a survivor bike it is a restored bike worth much less than original :thumbsup:

When I redid my '70 scrambler I took that pesky gear with the flyweights on it out of the inside of the motor :wink: new piston/rod, reseated valves and resealed the gas tank to keep the debris out of the troublesome carb and that little 3.5 turned out to be quite the rider, only problem I had was those weak ass betor shocks arent worth a dam when your 225lbs :laugh:
Well, I'm 240 now. When I was 14, I was probably all of 135. This bike would do 40 with me on it back then until after about a years worth of riding and then 35 was the best it would do. It would still do close to that in the 80s, but then it was stored forever til now. A 6.5 will easily better that and make this thing a bit more exciting, though I don't want to get too crazy, like the Bonanza/Hodaka BC 1510MX that I got quite used to in '71. Think I'll first see if I can get the tired old 3.5 going and at what speed. Who knows? Maybe I'm too damn old to feel safe about anything over 25.:shrug:

I never had a Rupp, by the time these were in the stores, lawnmower engine mini bikes were so yesterday to me. So I recently got this. Guess I'll clean it up a little and play with it. All original except the carb.

I just came across a 60s sears mini bike looks to be all original. Was riding it earlier today. This bike runs and rides. I will try to post some pics later today. For its age it looks to be in really good shape. If you have any questions please feel free to ask I am located in phoenixville pa about 15 mins from the king of Prussia mall. Asking $300 obo local pick up please.