All You Gun Peoples,

65ShelbyClone

Don't forget the CA ban on 50-cal firearms they enacted a few years ago.....because "no one could possibly need something that big." :doah:

A few weeks ago even Big 5 had 7.62x54R on the shelf. It was steel-cased Hot Shot from eastern Europe, but at least it is not corrosive. They even have a sale on it occasionally...$10-12 for 20 vs. $20/20. I haven't been to the local gun shop for a few months, but the last few times I was they had surplus. between $4/20 and $8/20, which the latter IMO isn't cheap for 7.62x54 milsurp.

However, I too have seen noticeably more bare shelves at places that sell ammo and prices climbing on what was still there. :thumbdown:

The reason I was asking is because I help run the Michigan Technological University Competition Rifle Team, and we are having trouble getting ammo, (half of the reason we are 300 miles from ANYTHING) We dont want to completely shatter the teams budget getting ammo for next season ( tho looks like we will regardless) and I have talked to several people throughout the midwest that are having the same issues, Looks like its widespread

Looks like they'll be stricting up on things.....:thumbdown:

We ran out of 762x39, 9mm, 45acp, most 22LR and 380. Most defense ammo is gone, we have ZERO primers and powder is running low. Phone is running off the hook for ammo.

I've never seen this before, ever!

Those poor bastards who wait till the last minute. :thefinger:

I had a FBI agent give me a box of 50 rounds of 45 ammo and some boxes of 9MM for my son's Glock 19 a few years back.
And when I didn't buy a weapon I turned the box over to the Beaverton police. I don't think the sell 50 round boxes to the public. All I have is a S&W 22 automatic pistol.
Steve :scooter:

wow, i thought it was just where i lived. I live in a Gun crazy state, arizona ! my dad came out and he wanted to see if ammo was any cheaper out here. we went to 3 places and they were all out of 9mm ammo. seems weird to me....

I'm really happy somebody else already mentioned 7.62x54R, I've been stockpiling like mad. I usually pick up the hot-loaded 180-grain steel core Bulgarian as my local shop keeps a pretty steady supply and it sells for the same price as regular surplus which around here is about $4/10.

It is getting insane though, a friend of mine has a 6.5 Arisaka, Hornady and Norma are the only ones making 6.5 jap and its been well upwards of $50 a box. Suprisingly same guy got a spam-can of 30-06 ball ammo in M1 strippers for $140.

All of the local wal-mart type stores are selling out what they have in handgun ammo and not restocking. I've never got a clear answer as to why, I can only assume political pressure.

logiclost did your walmart still have 22lr ? mine has tons but is sending it out as there closing for a while to become a super walmart.

.22lr is about the only thing they are stocking besides shotgun. I got 2 boxes of CCI minimags (they cycle the best in my pistol) and box of shotshells. I've since bought a brick of Thunderbolts as well.

I dont wanna buy the low grade ammo... Thats another one of my problem

Thunderbolts good for my mossberg semi auto, no good for my anschutz and a match

I dont wanna buy the low grade ammo... Thats another one of my problem

Thunderbolts good for my mossberg semi auto, no good for my anschutz and a match
Understandable, I would not not put thunderbolts even near an anschutz. Gander Mountain seems to have an insane amount of .22LR. I bought some aguila match ammo there. They also have some older seller&bellot stuff that is also nice.

Thunderbolts and Wildcats are six, half dozen of the other. Remington golden bullets are nice but for whatever reason they do not cycle well in my pistol. Winchester SuperX are pretty decent but for the same money the CCI Minimags still get my vote.

I bought some of the remington 22 ammo and preffer the winchester better. FFor some reason the remingtons dont allways go off in my P22. And as ffor the 9mm ammo there is none in the greater cleveland area!

We need more ladies like her for the protection of our right to keep and bear arms! As Rikki Lake use to say "you go girl".

Together we stand-Divided we fall. Gun rights forever!

100% for gun control !
I'm for total gun control, Grip the gun tighter so you will have better control and practice your " Control " until you hit what you Aime at every time.
Steve :scooter: