alsport trisport 72??

Well it looks like my first Tri-sport It was one of the last issued models of the non suspended trikes the TS 150 with that CCW 290 engine it was a great machine with piss pore brakes. It would pull the front wheel off the ground when tuned up right, had some great times on that machine even tried it in the snow. But when the RTS models came out they were the hot sellers for racing and had the juice brakes.
Just get the thing running and hold on tight it will get the blood pumping.
Steve :scooter:

Not a parking brake, but a last ditch prayer that your chain would not snap and send you off free wheeling down the mountain. I have done some quick moves to keep from having to push the dead bike back to the pits LOL
Steve :scooter:

the two brakes on the left control left and right tires at the axle. the brake on the right goes to the jackshaft. you may be able to see on the picture.

i thought the brakes on the axle were to help turn, as you apply the left brake the right tire will spin but the left slows down.(they dont stop of course)

just an ergonomic theory on the brakes...

wasn't the wheelstand, part of the appeal of this vehicle?

If two levers brake the rear wheels, while leaving the jackshaft to spin (providing rotation power to the rear axle drive...the rear wheels lock and the drive gear rotates through the confines of the chain, forcing the machine to rise in the front. It's like a guaranteed traction, to perform the wheelstand, instead of just spinning the tires...Plus with the weight of the driver, that far ahead of the fulcrum (rear axle), that's a lot of power and force needed without some help...

the jackshaft brake, it seems would be the main brake.

I can see the braking individual wheels to aid steering as well, and maybe for power turns, with experience.
just a theory...

Wow, mine is basically the same thing...but in worse condition! I have the same brake setup too! I do not race mine and the brakes work well.

It is extremely fast. I will be uploading video of mine sometime soon!

One time I did try the jackshaft brake(just to see how well it works), it threw the chain...now I stick with the wheel brakes. They stop me quick enough.

Cool trike man!