alsport trisport trike?

Somebody posted that trike before, they must of sold it to you. lol Parts are pretty common. OldMiniBikes warehouse has most of the parts you need. Bearings, throttle cables, TC belts, band brakes, etc. Make sure you service the rear.:thumbsup:

I got it running but my gearing is not right! I am running 40 chain a 10 tooth clutch to a 36 tooth on the input side on the js a 9 tooth on the output of the js and a 45 tooth final drive! It will climb a tree but tops out at I'm guessing 10-15 mph! I can aquire sprockets here locally any size! I ordered a 24 tooth and a 10 tooth to replace the 36 tooth! I am using a 5 hp Briggs with the governor removed! What kind of sprockets will get a good top end without losing too much torque?

Well you might climb a tree but what fun is that. All the Tri-Sport Trikes were designed to use a Torque Converter system. Because a Trike is heaver and needs lower gearing to get it off the line and then the torque sensitive driven unit will match up the RPM of the engine to the speed of the Trike. Using a straight clutch is a bad choice to get the best out of a fun ride.

Yes a torque converter is the way to go! I need 2! One for the trike and the other for my aggie 97! I am just waiting on payday then I will order a couple! I think I will put a 10 hp tecumseh with a 40 series tc on the trike!

This trike is pretty lightweight! Being impatient I went to get the 10 tooth, and there was also a 17 tooth on the shelf! I made chains for each and went on a test ride! With the 10 I was going to smoke the clutch on takeoff and wouldn't make it up a hill! The 17 is on there now and it is much better but it doesn't have the giddy up that I want! I am waiting for the 24 to arrive and am going to order a 20! I found a 10.5 hp Briggs from a friend and going to use it! With the power of the Briggs I may be able to put the 10 back on! But the tc is definitely going on!

The 10.5 Briggs is on and runs well! I don't want to damage the body any further, so I found a seat from a Honda civic! The 10 tooth sprocket is still not going to work with a centrifugal clutch! The 17 tooth works out pretty good. Still going torque converter! I don't like the band brake on the jackshaft as it puts stress on the chains. Figuring out front and rear disc brakes, also going to shim the gears in the diff to act like a limited slip diff! I have bentonite grease just need parts and time

Attachments