Am going to portland anyone else ?

delray

minibikedude was telling me they have road trips with vintage scooters and minibikes and have a vehicle chaser that picks up anyone that brakes down..........:shrug: road trip is about 25 miles. has anybody else heard about this.....:shrug:

I'm going, Its a event not to miss. It is three times bigger than Windber. I've been there every year since 08 except 2011, damn work schedule. I got the time off from work already. Also Camping on site with my camper.

wlb
i look at this before,but i can't find anything on a bike road trip.........:shrug: minibikedude said they did it last year and i believe him,but nothing i can find on it.....:shrug:
They are old fashioned when it comes to the web site. They do not update it very good. But its in the Jay county fair grounds and they announce the rides over the loud speakers through out the fair grounds for the time of the rides in the morning and then do a line up call before the rides start.
Also they have the times up at the registration building that's open during the whole event in the day time.

This is from Portland 2009 road trip when we went to Eldora speedway that NACSAR's Tony Stewart owns. It was a 50 mile round trip.

Here is the beer run we made on our minibikes to the local liquor store.

Last edited:

delray

man i want to hang out with the rupp guys..........:laugh:........:thumbsup:
i think my briggs bike would be perfect for the road trip patrick...........:scooter:
my bike hold about 1 1/2 gallons. so 50 miles would be ok for me,but what about you guys with smaller tanks. do you guys stop a gas station.

My Honda Trail 70 with a 110cc engine and a half gallon tank made it on a full tank and back with some left to spare, I would think the Rupp's could make it too, they hold about a gallon of a fuel on a full tank, The ride is a little slow like at Windber on the way there, and on the way back once you know your way back to the fair grounds guys will hit it hard back there. It's your butt that gets sore on the ride. :laugh: Also some guys strap a small 1 gallon gas tank to the luggage racks on there bikes if they had one.

Mean Dean

I made it Today along with Brian @ Motor City Mini's. I brought The Terror Tandem and I got Spanked by the Grounds Police for Speeding. LOL. I brought a lot of stuff for sale. I am heading back Friday Afternoon.