Amusment GoKart to Dirt Conversion.

Ok, so I got my Kart all stripped down ready to get some bigger tires for it. What I need to know is if anybody has converted a ammusment kart over to a dirt kart, and if the experience was worth it. I think I can use the stock rims and maybe just fit larger tires to them. I also know I will have to convert from scrub brakes to disk. Is there any known obsticles I need to look at on this one?

in no way am I trying to discourage you ..

but where im from theres dozens of 150.00 whole running riding off road karts some even have shocks most everyone has a 6 to 8 hp motor with torque converter drives ..

craigslist is full of them ..??

its just a suggestion ..

I think you will spend waaaay more than 150.00 only to be disappointed with the results ..

like I typed its just suggestions ...

in no way am I trying to discourage you ..

but where im from theres dozens of 150.00 whole running riding off road karts some even have shocks most everyone has a 6 to 8 hp motor with torque converter drives ..

craigslist is full of them ..??

its just a suggestion ..

I think you will spend waaaay more than 150.00 only to be disappointed with the results ..

like I typed its just suggestions ...
You maybe right, but I like the quality of the build of this cart better then my other carts, it is built to last. Most Karts around here are not even close to 150 for a good chassis, most are about 300 or better. So that is why I chose to use this one. I have all the parts except the tires, so I won't have to much into it.

If you live next to a kart track, I would suggest asking someone who races for a used set. I have a major track about an hour away, and when the big dogs run, there are more tires left sitting than we all would know what to do with. There are guys that run a couple sets of tires a day, and then they leave them. It's crazy. I'll see if I can get you a set. You take care of shipping. I bet they'd be better than what you have. I've got a set on my kart that have been there for a long time...probably over 5 years, and they get me around the neighborhood. I'm sure they're not race quality anymore, but I don't care. They still have plenty of room left in the wear holes. Let me know.