And he scores!

I turned them to a buddy of mine the same day.. I'm gonna reproduce the decals for them..( I hope I don't get my thread deleted for saying that ) I'm the decal guy and just thought I'd share the picture with you guys.. here's his other one

Last edited:

furyus

Pretty cool little machine from a collecting standpoint. But I can see why they really didn't catch on. I bet they're a pain in the arse to move around more than a few feet - hump that thing up the stairs a few times and all the easy convenience probably goes right out the window.

What's under the hood?

furyus

Centaur and Valmobile Folding Scooters

Hi Folks,

I own the bikes in the pictures and have one more coming this month.

I am interested in anyone who has any knowledge on the Centaur Suitcase Scooters that were American made from 1960 thru 1965. I am some-what new to restoring these scooters but have learned there is not much out there to help.

These scooters were targeted at the light aircraft and yachting customers. They folded up and reduced the foot print of a normal scooter.

As I stated above I want to work on the Centaur Scooters first but I also have three Valmobiles. The Valmobiles were designed in France and built in Japan for paratroopers. They we also sold to the public. The Valmobile does not fold up with the same "Class" as the Centaur. All parts and products used on the Centaurs were made in America.

If you know of a scooter for sale or have any knowledge of where to look for information it would be very appreciated.

Thanks

US Scooters before 1970.............Web Site

Thanks for the neat web site info.

The info on the Valmobile and Centaur I already researched but I will keep an eye on the site and see if something new pops up.

Thanks again.:scooter:

Those are cool. Please put me in line if you decide to sell one! :thumbsup:
No Problem.

My better half just found out I had bought them and is wondering why I need some many. FYI, you need a few to get a couple working and restored....Lol..."that has worked for now"

I just think they are cool and take up vey little space when storing them.

I will let you know if I decided to sell one.

H:scooter: