And he scores!

:eek:hmy: 150 each??? They are actually considered scooters.. Most the folding units like that were designed for pilots to use as transport at the air strips.. Those things can be worth a fortune.. In the shape those things are, you're 600 dollars hasn't came close to buying one.. :doah: Nice score man..

markus

very cool bikes, I missed out on one a couple of years ago that was on the other coast here in FL for sale. It was a craiglist add with the usual crappy pic and all is siad was "old scooter". I had no idea what it was and that it was a collapsible bike at the time. Then I came across an article with a pic and realized what it was:doah: Of course by then the had expired and had deleted the contact info I had....dammit.

I'm starting to get a fetish going for the suitcase bikes, I have 2 right now (a Di Blasi and a Micro power products Micro bike). Been watching for others when they come up! Keep us posted on progress and details, as they are ver interesting bikes!

my fav is the the aluminum folding Dinky-cycle scooter,
maid in USA,maid totaly of cast a Aluminum,my valmobil is steel,my fuji is
steel,the real name for the folding fuji is-Go- Devel i have one with a tite
2 stroke and another w/o engine and a Go-Devel with a 4 stroke,the dinky
is tha very same as the argyle and the l.r.stevens & co
patent no. 2,594,034 April 1952,of all the folding scooters,this is the
smalist,litest,neatist, but thats my opinon,wk.:scooter::smile:

huuumer - Been looking for you through the IL gentleman. I've got two Centaurs now, one running and the other to be checked out. Neither are restored and I can see the one that just came from NY will be needing some parts unless it needs something major. I that case I may not do restore it and keep for spares. My goal is to restore both but I need to see what some original pieces look like to reproduce beginning with the strap and ends. There appears to be two types of strap suspensions from the frame. I can be contacted through Centaurscooter.com . This is a non-commercial website. - Azpaul

Wee - Sign me up if you're reproducing those. It will actually be three different decals printed on foil. If they are accurate, the "Centaur" will be embossed but frankly I wonder if the expense would be justified for so few of these in circulation. - AZpaul

Semper Fi

HI Paul S,

You and I have exchanged several emails.(MOS 3531)

PeeWee is going to see what he can do about decals and stickers.

I have two bikes that run but are not safe to ride yet. The one I bought in Portland, Maine I just realized is not the same as the other two. I thought someone had modified it but now think I may have a very rare Centaur Scooter. It has a shock absorber at the rear and hooks for the strap on top of the frame vs on the side. It also has two 1 1/2 inch hinges on the seat vs a piano hinge across the back.

Let me know what you have or take some pictures and we can compare.

I am in San Diego but can come through Yuma on my way to Phoenix next month. Maybe I can view your scooters and we both can learn something.

Huummer :scooter:

Fetish Bikes..........Lol...

very cool bikes, I missed out on one a couple of years ago that was on the other coast here in FL for sale. It was a craiglist add with the usual crappy pic and all is siad was "old scooter". I had no idea what it was and that it was a collapsible bike at the time. Then I came across an article with a pic and realized what it was:doah: Of course by then the had expired and had deleted the contact info I had....dammit.

I'm starting to get a fetish going for the suitcase bikes, I have 2 right now (a Di Blasi and a Micro power products Micro bike). Been watching for others when they come up! Keep us posted on progress and details, as they are ver interesting bikes!
Hi Markus,

I bought a Di Blasi last month on Craigslist the day after I sent a check to Foldingmotorscooters.com for a new Stainless Steel one. My SS is on the water right now coming over here.

I really like the Centaur's becuase they can seat two people and fold up better then the Valmobiles. The Di Blasi's are the lightest and the smallest foot print but I must carry two.

PeeWee and G will keep this forum posted to our progress. I am pretty excited to have G working on these scooters. He has restored three ATC70's to museum quilty for me. We are in the planning stages on How, When, and Why with these scooters.

I would like to thank everyone on this forum and web site for their kind advise and input. This is my first go at restoring an old scooter and any help is appreciated.

Huummer :scooter:

You're welcome to come by, just remember that I'm the neighborhood eyesore with all my junk. I started that site for the registry. It is a good way (eventually) to tell when a specific change was implemented (by serial number). I can already see differences in the exhaust manifolds, strap holders on the frame. I also hoping to hear if somebody has used a different carb than OEM. Other questions that arise are: What were the original grips?; What is the correlation between seat colors, piping, and scooter color? Are black ones "correct" or did someone restore one that way and it really isn't correct?

Paul,

The one coming from Chicago has the original bill of sale and has not been restored. I won't see it until I go home in late January.

One reason I bought it was all the paper work that came with it and no-resoration.

I am still courious about the Scooter from Maine with the shock on the back and seat hooks.

you need to PM your phone and address. Send it to my email address.

H

Paul,

Your bikes look pretty good. The blue one looks really nice.

I did not score a luggage rack yet............Lol...

My bike from Chicago was delivered on Monday to Oregon. I won't see it until the end of January.

I could be headed your way mid-January.

Thanks for the Pic's

Huummer:scooter:

humm- I'd like to do the red one first but have only been pickin' at 'em so far. I've gotten both running but it has been hit and miss. One petcock is leaking, pne tank was repaired in the past but now it's leakin and my freakin' painter has disappeared! I think the border patrol got him! Really! If they did, the good news is that she should be back any day now...he always shows up eventually.

Got one done!

I've got one done and will post pics in a few weeks. The old lady took off to Colorado with the dang camera! Am posting tonight in case anyone else is getting into Centaurs, the folding type. Carholic.com is a great site with lots of info. Huuuummmer and I also started centaurscooter.com . I'm keeping a resto log (not selling anything) about lessons learned along the way. One thing I've found is that no matter who has the specialized site, oldminibikes.com is a great place to get what you need, once you know what to look for! lololol... I'll be back! - azpaul