Another Project

mini99

Well I sold both of my Frijole clone frames, and my DB. The only mini I have left is my drag bike. I need a mini to cruise around on, so.....

I'm building one:thumbsup:

It's a kinda mix of Frijole, Caper Cycle, Scrambler. I guess:eek:ut:

Cool! I'm still working on the frame I got from you. Been slowly getting the parts together. Did mock up the front wheel and fork, I'm not real happy with the axle I chose, so I'll change that, but this is fun. Better than mowing the grass.:thumbsup:

You make beautiful frames...very nice lines and kinda artsy in their symmetry and curviness.

You'll probably never get to finish one because everybody will try to buy them before they're done...

That looks great:thumbsup:
Are you using 7/8 .120 for your spacers and mounts? Is that the "proper" I.D for a 5/8 axel. Again, very nice workmanship!:thumbsup:

Randy:scooter:

mini99

thanks guys.
crctman2,
the wheels are azusa astro 6", if you use these make sure you talk to scooterboy about his brake drum/sprocket hub.(guys handier than a pocket on a shirt)

mini99

footscoot,
glad to hear your workin on it. take your time and try different things, sooner or later you'll get it where you want it.

yellowhand,
thanks, thats cool coming from a guy with your talents.

randy, the frame and fork are 1", so I made the axle bosses from some 1" solid, drilled and faced in the lathe. 7/8 .120 would work good too.

kb2, my drag bike is the same color. the hardest part of these builds for me is picking a color, and finishing one:eek:ut:

delray

nice i like the single tube frame design:thumbsup:
maybe make the foot pegs fold? keeping them solid could be dangers if you catch something when turning real sharp..........:scooter:

mini99

nice i like the single tube frame design:thumbsup:
maybe make the foot pegs fold? keeping them solid could be dangers if you catch something when turning real sharp..........:scooter:
after lookin at the pics again I thought that tube looked a bit long. I was just gonna shorten em up but folding pegs is a better idea. thanks delray:thumbsup:

mini99

Well I found a little time to work on my mini. I tacked the motorplate in, cut out some jackshaft mounts and got it set up and tacked on. Now just need to fab a brake cable stay, fuel tank mount, and weld it up. Then I can pick a color and figure out what motor to run.

mini99

We're actually thinking about makin a jig for this bike. If it turns out ok that is. I think we could sell a few to some racin buddies for pit bikes.

We're actually thinking about makin a jig for this bike. If it turns out ok that is. I think we could sell a few to some racin buddies for pit bikes.
That's the ticket:thumbsup:How about a 6.5 clone roller package:grind::hack::thumbsup:

What are you going to use for brakes on that? The drum setup in the pic or upgrade?

After looking at the kit frames and their prices I think you could develop a real winner there!!

Last edited:

mini99

I'll probably stay with the drum brake. I bought the brake from ScooterBoy, and it's alot better than the standard Azusa drum brake. Plus I think it looks a little cleaner and more old school.