Another what is it and is it worth it

I'm looking for my next minibike project and this seems cool. Thought it was a rupp roadster or a black widow but in the picture, it looks like the rear frame tube is square. It is full suspension which is what im looking for but it looks rough. And to me, the asking price is a bit steep. But maybe im wrong. I'd like to hear you guys' 2 cents before I go entertain the $150 firm price.

Last edited:

toomanytoys

All that thing needs is :grind: then some :hammer: and a little more :hammer: THEN you will be :scooter:

Anyway I'd pass on that thing, Looks home built.

Just because a bike has spoke rims doesn't make it a Rupp Blackwidow.

anyone else have any input?

I'm actually unsure if the back of the frame is square after a couple of my friends disagreed and said its a round frame tube. Maybe im blind. But another thing is that the swingarm looks well done as well as the jackshaft. It's actually looking more and more like a modified roadster. If any and all modifications to the frame are clean, I may still buy it as I am going to modify the crap out of it anyway. I'll know tomorrow either way...and pics pics pics will be taken.

jrzmac

It's actually looking more and more like a modified roadster.
roadster? .... i'm afraid that thing is no where near being a Rupp Roadster! the frame is wrong. the tires are wrong. in fact the only thing that might look like it came from a Rupp is the handlebars... thats about it! I wouldn't spend $150.00 on it.

ohh yeah, forgot to update this. And forgot to take pics when I went to look at it. Fail and fail. That said, it was very interesting...and does not look like a custom job. Because if it is, whoever built it is one seriously good welder and must be into engineering because everything looks like it lines up nice. Its beat, but clean...if that makes sense lol.

It was made to compete with the Rupps..made by Central Cycle Supply, Inc. in South Bend Indiana. Under the brand Charger. It was called the Super Charger cause most other Charger bikes were 6inch wheels or smaller. It had 10 inch spokes and more of the dirt bike style. I have owned a couple so far...they are very nice riders. But the gas tank is the hardest thing to find.