Any disadvantages of using clutch band brake?

In the process of building up a Trail Horse mini and I'm deciding between a clutch band brake setup or a sprocket caliper.
Is there any adverse affects of a clutch band? Maybe regarding the temperature and overall lifespan of the clutch?

Please keep in mind that my motor is going to be a modded up Predator 212cc, 7000+ RPM.

All help and comments are appreciated!

Pro- It is one of the best stopping and functioning brakes and can be used in many different ways.
Con- If the chain pops or breaks...NO BRAKES!

My ARCO Has a clutch brake and it stops it well but it can seem grabby at times. Maybe it's heat related?
My neighbor seems to think if the chain breaks I will not have brakes. While in theory he is right - I have never had a chain break on me while riding.
I would note to the ARCO had a sprocket disc caliper set up when new. I have the 80% of the brake parts but chose the clutch brake.

Thanks guys. Thinking I'm actually gonna go with both, a dual action set up. I've heard that clutch bands work great so that will be my main stopping power. Then I'll have the sprocket caliper for back up.

i think it puts alot more strain on the chain because braking puts more force on the chain than the engine can. So you get a little more chain wear and stretching. Using a high quality chain is always a good idea. other than that it seems to be the best way of stopping a minibike from my experience

gbabins1

I agree with Jeep. After using the cheap chains on two of my Bonaza's that have clutch brake set ups... The chains bind up over time and need to be replaced. I switched to the RVL gold chains and haven't had any issues yet. Been using them for just over two months now.

I know the ARCO's don't have a split rim but if you had a mini bike with a split rim you can mount the brake hub and band brake on the rear wheel using the wheel half bolts. (of coarse you would need longer bolts and spacers to move the brake hub out far enough). I had this set up on one of my bikes and it worked great! Don't have to worry about losing brakes if the chain breaks either.