Any ex-dragracers out there?

This was my last hobby but no longer could afford it after cancer and the economy(no more negative talk). On a more positive note, I'm glad I've gotten into mini bikes and I can see having a lifetime of fun with these little ones especially when I have kids of my own.

Sorry! I'm guessing I should have posted in off-topic discussion! It won't happen again moderators...

Last edited:
I am a ex-drag racer , I got tired of dumping hundreds of dollars into my car , also started a family. Started my son on a go kart at 2.5 years old then switched to mini bikes, Also I had mini bikes as a kid . We go to the dragstrip and watch friends race and enjoy watching.This past summer my son participated in some mini bike drags at Ubly dragway.We are hopeing that more dragstrips start running something with mini bikes. Enjoy your mini bikes Kevin........

COWBOY

drag racer

ex motorcycle drag racer. harleys i built set over 60 national drag racing records many of those with my fat ass riding. many of those records were retired. worlds fastest gas burning harley back in the 80's. first gas burning big twin to run 1/4 in the 8's at over 160mph. that was with a 4 spd shovelhead, points ignition no tach. was a blast still miss it. cheap to (compared to airplane racing and legal fees)
would be cool if there was a national sanctioning body with standardized rules for mini bikes

Last edited:
Uh Yup. Got tires of fixing and the cost. In my 4 years I made a whopping 800 dollars ( 1 pro win and a gamblers race ). I still love watching, but now like to cruise in my old Kustom car, Oh yeah and ride minibikes.

I will say this though. When you get behind the whel of a fast car, the desire for speed comes back wayyyy to fast.

Ran bikes and cars in the 70's thru the 80's. Got away from it and just helped and went with other racing friends.

Stayed with the cars, mostly nice drivable street cars, gave a buddy of mine the bug for Mustangs after a ride in mine, next thing we know he has 3 and 1 for racing. Cancer took him, R.I.P my brother. Got away from it for a while.

Got my son at 16 a 5.0 coupe for his first car, ran it a few times. Progressed from there.
Now at 23 he and his pals have some Scary FAST stangs that run at the NO ETs at Milan. No class rules run what you brung and hope it is enough and bring alot of betting money.:rolleyes:

I go to those when they go and this is how I got to have a minibike, for running around the pits, never had one as a kid but I have 2 now:smile:, smoking some of the kids on their 110cc pitbikes is kind of fun:thumbsup:.

There are some pretty wild pit vehicles running around there, a 1400cc golf cart comes to mind :eek:ut:.
Quads, scooters, coolers, golf carts, pocketbikes you name it if it has a motor you will probably see it there some time.

DMR

Crazy Plum Purple 1969 Barracuda, Carburated 440 Wedge (Mopar all the way!!!) would run high 9's, Then I sold that and my 1930 Model A to fund my 1932 Roadster Project. Fast Cars and Fast MiniBikes no other way to live!!:thumbsup:

125ccCrazy

66 Dodge Coronet, 440, tunnel ram, dual quads, 3500 stall, 430 gears.... This was a fun street/strip car...

I've had several other cars I've built over the years but the Coronet was the only one that made it to the strip, all the others were sticktly "cough cough" street racing..

joekd

I still take the car to the local track for test and tune nights about once a month to get my "fix"

It is worth every penny of the $20 to have that much fun

Crazy Plum Purple 1969 Barracuda, Carburated 440 Wedge (Mopar all the way!!!) would run high 9's, Then I sold that and my 1930 Model A to fund my 1932 Roadster Project. Fast Cars and Fast MiniBikes no other way to live!!:thumbsup:
NICE!!!! my dad was a drag racer he had a 1970 plymouth duster built 340 ran alll motor high 9's would pull the front tires off the ground... was a sweet car

Den

I am a current drag racer but am starting to think more like tyleryamaha. It is a very expensive hobby. It was cool when we got the car all done . But now it seems the family would rather do other things. Including me. Family time is the best time.So my car has only seen the drag strip once so far this season. Been working on my Indian mini mini .. FUN!! Go to Blank That is my website. My car is Dens 74 Duster.. Check it out!!

I used to drag race. I was an Import drag racer. I had a plymouth laser rs-t that was running low 12's @117 about 8 years ago. I also bracket race My 74' olds omega. Basic bolt on's, 350 with headers,cam, #5 64CC heads. It does 13.70's. I also still take My little CRX to the strip on occasion , but it is not fast by any means.

M wife bracket raced her commuter 99' automatic Corolla LE for laughs and took home a trophy for the day blazing a best of 17.1@83 with a dial in of 17.1 She ran consistent within 5 hundreths every time.

I still drag race. i drag my 1971 chevelle LS6 454, I went last week and i ran a 12.51@109mph in the 1/4mile ill post some pics some time

I hang out at the strip with fellow OldMiniBikes member, focused-1 as he races a beautiful 72 Camaro in Pro class. Bought a Ruttman from another friend, as I got tired of walking from the trailer to staging and back. He's since built 4 bikes and theres always 2 at the track with him. Now I usually just ride his.

Oh... you mean real drag racing!!! :laugh: I did that too, but I thought you meant "minibike drag racing", I also did that!
In 1967, in the newly paved alley behind my home in the San Joaquin Valley, a bunch of friends & I spread the word we were going to have the "official" 1967 Minibike Drag Nationals! About 60 minibikes showed up! We made 2 lines & paired everyone up. Winners came back to 1 line & the losers to another. We ran eliminations until only 2 bikes left for the final. I was in the final, but lost by about 3 feet! Man that was a blast! The police came by & told us to be careful & they liked that we had guys position at different places to help direct any traffic problems! What a fantastic day!!! Embedded in my memory forever!

I used to drag race. I was an Import drag racer. I had a plymouth laser rs-t that was running low 12's @117 about 8 years ago. I also bracket race My 74' olds omega. Basic bolt on's, 350 with headers,cam, #5 64CC heads. It does 13.70's. I also still take My little CRX to the strip on occasion , but it is not fast by any means.

M wife bracket raced her commuter 99' automatic Corolla LE for laughs and took home a trophy for the day blazing a best of 17.1@83 with a dial in of 17.1 She ran consistent within 5 hundreths every time.

I like them Omegas. Im either gonna do a 64-65 Cutlass or, 73-74 Omega car for street/strip. Right now my 4 door 64 F-85 runs 12.50s. And i drive it all day :)