any good crashes!?

do you guys have any good mini bike crashes?

So there i was, Riding through the woods minding my own business when out of nowhere, I bottom out on a root!, the DB stops dead in its tracks sending me into a nice cartwheel back onto my mini bike. Feeling an awkward pain in my side i take a trip to the hospital against my own wishes. One urine test later and i have some blood in it!! fun stuff right? A few hours and a cat scan later we have no idea where its coming from. So what do they do? send me home. Nothing ever happened and i'm perfectly fine what a great time. Oh, mini was ok no harm done!

SpyGuy

Well, admittedly this wasn't exactly on a minibike, but I was taking a slow corner while riding in a parking lot and hit a patch of gravel with the front wheel. The bike went left, I went right and down on my shoulder and right arm. Had some nice road rash for the next month, since I was only wearing a t-shirt and jeans at the time .... That'll teach me to wear long sleeves.

I had a pretty bad crash about 30 years ago( I was 15), another bike hit me head on,I was on a Puch 60 it was a cross between a mini cycle and a moped kind of a weird set up you peddled it to start it but it had a clutch and 3 speed trans, the other guy was on a RM125 neither one of us was watching what we were doing. His handle bars hit me square in the face turned the bone holding my top teeth into a jigsaw puzzle his clutch lever went into my mouth ripping my lower lip untill it hook my helmet and ripping it off my head Dr. said if it had been strapped it would have broken my neck, also broke my collar bone. I was back on a bike a week later:scooter:

I had a guy pull in front of me with a car , I hit him broad side at about 40mph , He gave me about 6 foot to stop in ,, I hit the car so hard I set the air bag off inside the car , I broke my right leg in two places , that was two years ago and it still has not healed correctly ,, Nope not on a minibike bike a full sized motorcycle ,, Crashing sucks :doah:

good crash?

I had one where i flew over the handlebars,then the bike bounced off my back and left a rubber burn mark on my back from the front tire.
Here ill add a creepy one.I was working on a guys house,he had a
guest house that hadnt been used in years,he had to let me in it and inside were paintings all over the walls,he explained how his son did two tours in nam and came home and really wasnt right anymore.Anyhow his son helped a friend regear an enduro and he left the driveway and fell down on some gravel on the sidewalk,his head hit the ground and he died at like 5 MPH,after two tours in nam.No helmet.

im sure you've seen my pics it was a crash but it was not good
Yeah Dave was lookin ROUGH there for a while. :eek:hmy:

I've had a few nasty ones but never a broken bone luckily.. About 15 years ago my aunt T-boned a van that pulled out in front of her on her Honda Spree and she died a week later in the hospital. :sadcrying4: A guy last week hit a boat on a trailer on some motorized bicycle thing a few miles from us and he got air lifted out with a broken neck and all kinds of owies.... Even the 30 mile per hour ones will do a lot of damage.. Ride safe and watch out for OTHER people for sure.. Deer too.. Deer are damn scary because they are stupid and hide in the grass and debate what they want to do until you are RIGHT there THEN they decide to run smack into the side of you full tilt because they are dumb... I've hit 4 or 5 with the side of a car.. I've DAMN NEAR hit a couple on the Suicycle and I'm pretty sure a 55 MPH deer bicycle collision could easily be a killer blow...

do you guys have any good mini bike crashes?...
Not me- all of mine have been on full size bikes -but my sister sure did. This was way back in the late 60's. I was 11 or 12, and she must have been about 19. She'd never ridden my Lil Indian before. Practically bursting w/self confidence, she hopped on and tore off up the gravel road we lived on. Pretty quickly, and in this order: tank slapper, highside, big cloud of dust and gravel. As the dust cleared you could see sis on the ground and still holding on to the throttle as the bike went round and round a couple of times right over the top of her. Lots of road rash & bandages and she never rode again. The bike was fine. I just love telling this story, especially when sis is nearby. :laugh:

I was out jumping a new minibike i had gotten. it has full suspension front and back so coming up to the bump/ramp in my yard i preloaded the shocks to get a little more bounce....hit the bump perfect but while preloading the shocks the springs that hold the front fork tubes together fell off and in mid air the shocks launched my front wheel away from me.:doah: needless to say the forks dug into the ground summersaulting me off........:shrug:

A couple years ago, I thought id try out a pocket bike. It was about 1am and a friend was over playing cards. He had brought over his new little bike and he asked me if I wanted to ride it. I decided id ride it barefoot, and in my first attempt at riding, jump some thing. needless to say, that didn't go so well. I was going about 25mph on a bike about a quarter my size. when I hit the "ramp" (curb) the little bastard flew straight over me like a saw blade and cut my thumb almost completely off! about 10 hours a trail of blood and 25 stitches later, I decided I would stick to some thing a little bigger.

I made a bad decision of buying a drum brake for my K&S...

I was having chain trouble and it was slowly bending my holder bolt every time it slipped off.. After a long day of trail ridding, i hit the road. Low and be hold one minute on the road and the bolt cracks in half holding the drum brake sucking the brake cable into the tire and throwing my over the handle bars.

my knee was jacked.. Lucky for the dog, she always rides with me but was running next to my during the accident.. thank god!

DMR

not on a minibike, but on a motorcross bike.
i was at cauhilla creek MX track on my kx250(2-stroke)
and i was coming around a sweeping left turn in 4th gear pinned(about 45-50mph)
i hit a patch of sand and it started to wash out so i tried to lay it down, but once it got out of the sand patch it high-sided, throwing me about 20 feet landing on my right shoulder, it was dislocated for about 30 seconds untill i yanked it back in but my shoulder still makes all of these weird cracking noises.

I wouldn't call this a "good" crash. But my father was riding his Harley and some young girl barely 16 with only a permit ran a red light and killed him. He was wearing his helmet. They decided to have the funeral on my 8th birth day. That was the worst birth day ever.

You all be careful out there, especially those of you with children.

cxbra

not on a minibike, but on a motorcross bike.
i was at cauhilla creek MX track on my kx250(2-stroke)
and i was coming around a sweeping left turn in 4th gear pinned(about 45-50mph)
i hit a patch of sand and it started to wash out so i tried to lay it down, but once it got out of the sand patch it high-sided, throwing me about 20 feet landing on my right shoulder, it was dislocated for about 30 seconds untill i yanked it back in but my shoulder still makes all of these weird cracking noises.
I know exactly what you mean about the weird cracking sound, my ankle has sounded like its broke for the last 2 years lol.

Anyways I had a dumb lay down a few months ago. I was jumping the slope of a curb but had too much speed and desided to slow down before the jump.. I was too close to hit the brakes, so I just let off the gas. The momentum threw me sideways off the jump and I landed w/ one foot down and hit the ground rolling.. Inches away from smacking my dome at 20mph and I still dont wear a helmet :doah:

wow some good stories on this thread & im sure we could all go on for ev.. but im outa time i'll think of my best 3or4 & try to not get to wordie lol

1st i was about 10yrs old & my artic cat climber had a broke throtle cable so i was runnin with 1 hand on the carb & 1 on the handlebar wfo of course when i tryed to do a fly by cuz my bro was parkin the 4020 loader tractor i thought he was gona drive right in to the shed but in stead he hits the right break & spins a 90o pivot & was gona back in? i tryed to head around the front but there was the bucket BAM i got close lined doin 35mph im sure it sounded like a big gong lol next thing i rember is my bro tryin to talk me outa tellin mom but im in & out of conciusness @ this point & 1big scab all ove my body so then the next thing i rember is layin on the couch with vasaline all over so i didnt scab up to bad lol
ps i did have a helmet on thank god & the bike was unharmed
:scooter:

2nd just happened bout 2 yrs ago i was ridin threw town 30mph with my gf when some1 pulled right out in front of us on my 78suzuki 750gs was in mint cond. all i could do is skid the rear tire & swerve to the right the same direction the car was headin & high sidded against the rear corner of the car & got thrown off & landed on my gf she ended up in the hostpital for two days with a lasserated liver she should have been there for 4days imo & the doctor too... if i had more time to think i would have went around back of the car but ya never know if there gona see ya & stop... i never got a scratch so i still feel like a dipshit & we were not whearin helmets but now she wont get on any thing with out 1

You want to see an awesome crash happened last weekend at hotroded's illegal mini bike race on long island ny
Go to
Hotroded108 and click on videos of the race

about 5 years ago i was riding my 69 honda ct70 and i wasnt paying attention when my dad yelled look out and before i know it i hit the tung of my granpas hauling trailer and fly over the handlebars. i only got a few little scratches and somehow the seat got ripped. i still get a good laugh out of it. :laugh:
and my dad told me a story when he was a kid his cousin had a mini bike which he traded a bicycle for and it had a junky throttle cable on it. well when my dad was riding it around in his cousin's yard the throttle got stuck and ran wide open and my dad hit the chain linked fence. both him and the mini bike didnt get hurt.