Any idea what this is??

Greetings from Ireland. This has a 3.5hp 4 stroke Clinton engine . Any ideas??it was baught in Germany and is now in Ireland. The trottle and break are opperated by the pedal

Attachments

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply! Have you anymore info on them? Year of manufacture? Also is there anywhere to get parts for the engine as it needs a bit of work.. Also value wise what would these sell for in America??

We do not give values or appraisals here, it sets prices in people's heads and ruins our chances of getting a $50 deal when someone can come on here and get a value. QUOTE=Irelanddude;1055042]Thanks for the quick reply! Have you anymore info on them? Year of manufacture? Also is there anywhere to get parts for the engine as it needs a bit of work.. Also value wise what would these sell for in America??[/QUOTE]

markus

mid-later 60's Is what I have seen.

I found this a few years ago for them being sold out of a 1965 Bennet Bros. catalog:

I don't know if there are ways to decipher the numbers on the Clinton engines to verify manufacturing dates. That minibike/company seemed to morph into a company called Manco closer to 1970. You can still see a photo of that bike (with sidecar) in a brochure photo for the Manco line but only offering the sidecar.

There are usually a fair amount of Clinton parts on ebay, I dont follow them too closely to know of any good sources for parts though, sorry.

Its extremely hard to put values on mini bikes especially lesser seen versions such as yours.

Good luck with it, Looks to be overall not too bad of shape and still pretty original. I think the Manco type chain guards they had are available as reproduction now if I am not mistaken

Last edited:
It looks like it could possibly be a Gator Gadabout (either made by Glenco early on and private labeled, or possibly the predecessor to Glenco) I have one that I bought used in 1965 that is almost identical.

Glenco was a distributor of aftermarket mower parts in Indiana. They marketed their Little Gen scooter in the early to mid 60s. Glenco morphed into Manco, a maker of mini bikes, go karts, etc. Manco continued the Little Gen as a mini bike in the late 60s.

I have a karting magazine from 1961 and there is an article in it about the first minibikes ( even calls em minibikes, "for lack of a better name") and Glenco is on the small list of manufacturers out there. The peddle works the gas when pushed forward and brake when stepped down backward with heel. Thats gotta be an odd sensation, running a mini with your foot. Not for a bumpy trail i bet! Cool stuff. Love the odd ones.