Any ideas

Well so far I have ruled out the Tom Thumb and the little Petro , the flea and the Flexo Big Bear Scrambler. Looked around a lot but struck out so far . But that sucker is earth friendly with those huge tires. The tank looks small for that frame and the snap on seat smacks of a big line manufacture. From the view of the surrounding area in your photos it should fit right in. Steve :scooter:
PS : I left out the Shriners Mini Bike

Whatever it is, it's a beast. If it's reasonable, go for it and figure out later what it is. Definitely looks like it was a high dollar bike.

Steve, you forgot to disclude the little Ruttman washer frame.:wink:

Ruttman

Whatever it is, it's a beast. If it's reasonable, go for it and figure out later what it is. Definitely looks like it was a high dollar bike.

Jim: I do not see the Washer frame in the new 30 + page Ruttman book I bought off e-bay it has the
Horny Toad 140
Vulture 240
Wild Goose 250
Spyder 256S
Grasshopper 260
Pack Mule 660 & 660VS
It list's each bike specs and a big picture of each bike only in black & White
The booklet has all the parts and accessories they sold and part numbers and 1971 prices in the back of the book . It also has pictures of the chopper frame and front end complete with dimensioned drawings and the chopper seat/sissy bar . I paid $30.99 for this book and I will probably scan all the pages into a photo album just to much there to hide from view.
Steve :scooter:

The washer frame was the earliest, before the diagonal rear mount. They are pretty tiny, and the rear axle mount is a 5/8 washer. Sorry for the hijack:smile:

The tank on that big one looks a lot like a Fox.

Last edited:

ya thats what i'm thinking, and he's asking $200 OBO

but i'm stuck... i have the cash, but i also have a few unfinished projects i was going to throw it at, but to find something like this close by, makes me want to go pick it up and stash it away for a mid summer project... decisions decisions - life is just too hard :smile:

i would still love to know what it is though... come on guys i didn't think this one would stump ya

Well, its not a common bike. The only thing I see that stands out are the snap on seat cover and handle behind the seat look Speedway-ish and the tank looks like a Fox??. Grab it. Maybe you'll decide you like it more than one of the others. Sure looks like a digger:thumbsup: