Anybody growing good HOT, HOT peppers?

jeep4me

I'm growing some peppers this year that were marked as sweet bananna peppers, and two of the three plants were exactly those kind. The other however grew something totally different. I'm not exactly sure what kind of peppers they are but they taste great and are HOT HOT HOT.

I GOT A BUNCH...aLOT OF THEM WHERE NOT WHAT THEY SAID,i HAVE SEVERAL HABINERO.dONT SEEN ALL THAT HOT.tILL THE NEXT DAY WHEN YOU RELIZE YOUR LIPS ARE RAW AND BLEEDING.

Sounds like someone in the greenhouse ran out of the plants they needed to complete the sale, so they switched the tags, we've done it before but usually with tomato plants, nobody really gets mad with those but if you didn't plant hot peppers you wouldn't want hot peppers, as Jim says use them to spice up your chilli, them banana PEPPERS LOOK GREAT!!! Maybe next year I'll get to grow a garden in my new spot here in Mansfield Ohio.
dave

AH peppers the spice of life, some people just love the hotter the better. My son is growing a variety of peppers (habenero) and shallots and garlic in our little back yard that is where the 6 chickens and their coop and run the home for the future egg factory is. Also growing lots of tomatoes and cucumbers, and of course zucchini and corn. Not bad for a small place between two apartments.
Steve :scooter:

Man how did I miss a pepper/chili thread. I planted a ridiculous amount :D

Poblano, Anaheim, Pasilla, Bell, Nu Mex, Serrano, Cayenne, Thai, Habanero, Banana (Hungarian Wax), Jalepeno

Just made some chili rellenos tonight!

Yep-those are cayenne. I do the super hots more so than anything. Bhut jolokia, red savina habanero, trinidad 7 pod, etc. Mine are just getting ripe. The wife just hot packed some of those banana peppers sliced into rings in cider vinegar, sugar,water and threw in a dehydrated chocolate habanero into each jar. After a few months to a year they are the bomb on italian beef sandwiches!!!

We had a Tech that I worked with that was a Mexican and he gave me some peppers. Some looked just like a pumpkin only about the size of a silver dollar. He had warned me not to use more then like 1/4 of one in a crock pot of chili. He called them scotch bonnets. When we have pot luck dinners at Church I always make wings. So I made two batches hot and very hot. And in the center of the very hot I put a whole scotch bonnet just as a garnish. Well this old lady pick that sucker up and just ate it. It actually scared me, she threw it up and I thought she was going to die. Actually a horrible story, but I thought I would add. The funny thing is my daughter made up little signs for the two different batches so everyone knew it was my fault.

65ShelbyClone

Some looked just like a pumpkin only about the size of a silver dollar. He had warned me not to use more then like 1/4 of one in a crock pot of chili. He called them scotch bonnets.
Also known as habaneros. I grew several plants a few years back and gave a bag to my folks. I guess a few months later my dad was making tacos and grabbed the wrong peppers from the freezer. He used a couple of them in about a pound of ground meat. I heard it was completely inedible. Grown next to those were yellow wax peppers and those suckers were really hot too. I also had some serranos and cayennes and some kind of mild red pepper. If I had a greenhouse, I would plant some right now, but I don't so I have wait another seven months.

Actually, I might have a mystery pepper growing. It looks like a pepper plant, but I don't remember planting it.

oldfatguy

my favotites are the Hungarian wax peppers.For the best chilli that you ever had,get a jar of the Tex Mex Chilli mix from The Sausage Maker co. in buffalo NY. the jar will make 50 lbs. and works great with venison too. the nice part is it's simple to use,just one tablespoon per lb of meat.and a 8oz can of tomato sauce.you can then kick it up by adding hot pepers,onions and garlic.when you cook the meat.remember to brown the meat first and drain off the fat then add every thing to the pot.try it you will like it
The Sausage Maker, Inc. - Sausage Making Equipment & Supplies