Anyone buy anything from RuppParts.com????

Ding Ding

I placed an order on February 16th, paid with Paypal.....

I haven't received my order yet. I have not received any shipping information yet. I have called the number listed on the website for the last week and half, no answer. I sent a message through the "contact us" part of the website, no response. I went through paypal to contact the seller about my purchase, but I got a message saying "Your seller is currently unable to respond to this dispute. By escalating your dispute to a claim, you are asking PayPal to review the case and decide the outcome."

Ultimately, I just want the parts I PAID for. I'm trying to be patient, but 2 1/2 weeks without getting my parts yet alone any kind of communication or response is just unacceptable.

Anybody have any luck with this company?

Website: Vintage Rupp Fun Machine Snowmobile, Minibike, Mini-Cycle Parts

Thanks

Mike

Ding Ding

Wow. That's a lot of people that have had the same problem as me. I really just want my parts, but I suppose I will proceed with filing a dispute through Paypal so I can get my money back. Pathetic.

Reading through that complaint thread, many people mentioned Jim Kise with Black Widow Motorsports. I have to say that I feel a bit foolish not going through him initially. I know Jim. I bought my Arctic ssscat from Jim several months ago. He lives about 10 minutes away from me and has helped me with many things, answered all of my phone calls, and just been a treat to deal with.

For anyone that is considering buying from RuppParts.com, based on my experience do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.

For anyone that wants excellent service from a stand up guy, call Jim with Black Widow Motorsports. Home Page

(The number listed on Black Widow Motorsports for Jim is his cell phone!!) Now that is service!

From all the posts I have read, I would stay clear. Blackwidowmotorsports is excellent for Rupp parts. OldMiniBikes has a lot of parts that would work too.:thumbsup:

Once you filed your case with paypal (which I did about 10 minutes ago) did you ever receive any information? Or did the parts just suddenly show up?
The parts showed up a few days after I opened a case. Went two months with no reply through email or phone.

Guess I will have to do the same :censure: Bought my parts about a month ago, no responses yet. Did business with him years ago no problems. Sad.

Wow. That's a lot of people that have had the same problem as me. I really just want my parts, but I suppose I will proceed with filing a dispute through Paypal so I can get my money back. Pathetic.

Reading through that complaint thread, many people mentioned Jim Kise with Black Widow Motorsports. I have to say that I feel a bit foolish not going through him initially. I know Jim. I bought my Arctic ssscat from Jim several months ago. He lives about 10 minutes away from me and has helped me with many things, answered all of my phone calls, and just been a treat to deal with.

For anyone that is considering buying from RuppParts.com, based on my experience do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.

For anyone that wants excellent service from a stand up guy, call Jim with Black Widow Motorsports. Home Page

(The number listed on Black Widow Motorsports for Jim is his cell phone!!) Now that is service!

Why didn't you deal with Jim at Black Widow 1st?

And secondly, how did you "buy" the parts from Ruppparts? Did you talk to someone to begin with?

Ding Ding

Why didn't you deal with Jim at Black Widow 1st?

And secondly, how did you "buy" the parts from Ruppparts? Did you talk to someone to begin with?
The parts I bought were Tecumseh specific parts, of which Jim doesn't have. So in hindsight, I probably couldn't have gotten what I wanted from him anyway.

I bought the parts from Rupp Parts through the website by adding them to "my cart" and paying through PayPal just like you would when buying anything online.

Sure. I almost did that and decided to ask him some questions first. I left him probably 10-12 messages, called at different times of the day, and sent numerous emails with no response. At that point I figured out that he wasn't interested in selling anything and figured that it may be a fake website for the sole purpose of harvesting my CC info. I have never considered dealing with him again. I guess I was lucky. :smile:

Ding Ding

Sure. I almost did that and decided to ask him some questions first. I left him probably 10-12 messages, called at different times of the day, and sent numerous emails with no response. At that point I figured out that he wasn't interested in selling anything and figured that it may be a fake website for the sole purpose of harvesting my CC info. I have never considered dealing with him again. I guess I was lucky. :smile:
I'm just glad I used PayPal and not my CC, for the very reason you mentioned. I did submit a dispute through PayPal which will hopefully do 1 of 2 things:
1. kick this guy in the rear and get going on my order
2. get my money back

The whole deal is really just too bad. When I first went to Rupp Parts.com I was amazed by all of the various products they offered. I thought I found an awesome resource for parts. But at this point, I feel foolish for going through them and won't be considering them again in the future.

crazy how that works when you actually file a complaint, all of a sudden they hop to, crazy, wish I had a business big enough to where I just didnt care about making money anymore.

crazy how that works when you actually file a complaint, all of a sudden they hop to, crazy, wish I had a business big enough to where I just didnt care about making money anymore.

Exactly!

I talked to Jim at Black Widow about him and he said that if I were to decide to purchase something from them set it up through EBay and he will ship it right away because he is then dependent on a good feedback score. I guess its the same thing, huh?

Ding Ding

Having a good feedback score on ebay is one thing, but by no means everything. Word of mouth, forum threads, and internet history are far more important in the long run.

Consider this, in less than 3 days this thread has had nearly 400 views. How many of those people that viewed this thread will not do business with Rupp Parts now? After this thread has existed for a year how many people will not do business with them?

Let's say half of the current views = 200 potential customers were going to spend only $20.00 with Rupp Parts. That's $4000 in sales that were just lost right there. That's huge for a small business owner.

Let's say in a year this thread has 1000 views, and half those views(500) are potential customers that were going to spend $50.00. That's $25,000 in potential sales lost! 25k is a lot of mini bike parts!

Now multiply that by how many threads are out there that sound just like mine.

Again the whole deal is really unfortunate. I am a supporter of small business, especially one that caters to my interests and hobbies. I want nothing more than for these types of business' to thrive and be successful. I want to have places that I can get unique parts from and smile about the entire transaction, and I like to think the owners of these business' want their customers to feel that way. That's just good business and keeps people coming back! I can only hope that these communication issues and getting things done in a timely manner are improved on for the sake of the business and the hobby in general.

Same problem. Only used them because black widow was out of handlebar u bolts..
Never received them had to open a case. 90% of their stuff is out of stock anyway.
Jim at black wiidow is a great guy to deal with. Great resource and website.