Anyone ever Transport a minibike using the B.A.R.T. Train ?

Anyone ever Transport a minibike using the B.A.R.T. Train ?

I was thinking about this when searching for Minibikes sometime ago. I visit the Fremont/Hayward area one weekend a month.

There are some people who had minibikes for sale, but didn't want to deliver. So I asked them if the B.A.R.T. Police would hassle me.
They didn't know for sure what the rules are.

I personally would like to see someone try it.
I'm sort of a wimp, so I would most likely try it with a minibike with no engine.
If the B.A.R.T. Police gave me problems, I would be like, "Are you blind?, It's a push Scooter !!!, I'm Disabled." :sadcrying4:

Here in Portland, Oregon we have the MAX line. And if you get on board downtown you head west into a Tunnel that is 3 miles long and is the deepest tunnel station stop in the US @ 260 feet deep. It stops at a station under the Zoo and elevators take you up to visit the zoo.
And Portland is real big into bicycles and so in the late night hours bike riders have taken the light rail up to the zoo and then they ride the US 26 freeway down the 6 % grade back into town. So your motor-less mini bike may work good in Portland. LOL
Steve :scooter:

Here in Portland, Oregon we have the MAX line. And if you get on board downtown you head west into a Tunnel that is 3 miles long and is the deepest tunnel station stop in the US @ 260 feet deep. It stops at a station under the Zoo and elevators take you up to visit the zoo.
And Portland is real big into bicycles and so in the late night hours bike riders have taken the light rail up to the zoo and then they ride the US 26 freeway down the 6 % grade back into town. So your motor-less mini bike may work good in Portland. LOL
Steve :scooter:
I love MAX and ride it all the time. I really like that you can take your bicycle on board (I'm an avid cyclist), but I haven't tried taking the Lil Indian along yet.

Here are some tidbits: 1) The name MAX is sort of a tortured acronym for Metropolitan Area Express, and was the result of a local contest; 2) The 3-mile-long tunnel is actually two tunnels running parallel to each other. It was an enormous construction project; 3) The tunnels pass directly beneath a cemetery. There was a lot of talk about that before they started digging. People were worried about dead bodies dropping onto the tracks; 4) My big brother got into a bit of trouble a year ago for driving his car into the tunnel. It was in the news for a week or two.

MAX Light Rail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

YouTube - STEVEN STEIN DRIVES INTO MAX TUNNEL!

Last edited:
A Foreman in the Power and Mechanical dept. (mechanical side). Spent about 6 years on swing and the tube was my area. Just try not to think about earthquakes when I'm down there, other than that no problem.

You might be able to get it on without the engine. Mainly have to get it past the Station agent on duty at each end of your trip. Some of them may let it pass.

Good Luck