Anyone have any exotic pets??

My daughter is turning 10 Thursday and my mom got her a Bearded dragon. Alls well, Ive always wanted a lizard, either and iguana or Steppe Runners. But Ive never had one and let me tell its a learning experience.
Im happy to do, it my family loves animals. We have 5... yes 5... ferrets. Ive had ferrets ever since I was a young preteen and found one in my garage that had been loose and infested with grey ticks!! saved her and have loved them ever since!!
ANyone else have any exotic animals they want to share?? Maybe we can add picks:shrug:

PS I dont think ferrets are exotic but apparently CAli does so thats why I added them!!( guinee pigs too....:eek:ut:)

I have an Emperor scorpion. It's low maintenance now that it's been floating in alcohol since it died 5+ year ago.

I spent hundreds of dollars getting the right setup for it. I kind of want another one, but my roommate's live in g/f won't let me have anything like that in the house.

joekd

Only exotic pet in my house is my son's crested gecko, one of the best pet choices ever. Makes no noise and simple to take care of.

Also this was my clawed frog which escaped it's tank and died before I could find it, it was really huge and was even eating feeders

mopar70

We've had a few gecko's, spent alot on the setup and they did not fair so well in our house. If you are somewhay close and go with a smaller lizard, I'd make you a deal on what I have left

Big Jim

My son has a Syrian hamster, he's huge, not like the typical teddy bear.
It's name is Elephant.
Not really exotic but not a dog or cat.

banjo

This is Mia a green cheeked conure . She is more of a 1 master bird and it's my wife not me. Kinda like having a flying alligator or maybe a paper punch with wings:eek: One of those deals where you warn people Don't worry about the dog but look out for the bird!!!!!!!!!!

I have owned About 7 Tarantulas. I gave 6 away last year to a forum member on another site. I kept my oldest Chilean Rose named Rosie. The Costa Rican Tiger Rump I raised for four years and he was very beautiful. I'll post some pics of them after the new owner got them. These pics are when I first got them all.

Here's pics of them and there food Tropical Roaches.
Tarantula pictures by pr0j3ctxb0x - Photobucket

I also owned a baby Emperor Scorpion but soon found him a good home.
Scorpion pictures by pr0j3ctxb0x - Photobucket

A Giant Black African Millipede. He was my very favorite and died two years ago fro old age. :(
Giant Black African Millipede pictures by pr0j3ctxb0x - Photobucket

EDIT: Here's the last pics I saw of them.

^Cyclosternum Faciatum. AKA Costa Rican Tiger Rump. This is he one I raised from a pinhead.

^Hysterocrates crassipes AKA Giant baboon spider

^Pterinochilus Lugardi AKA Fort Hall Baboon

^Pterinochilus murinus AKA Orange Starburst Baboon AKA Orange Bitey Thing

^Poecilotheria regalis AKA Indian Ornamental Tarantula

Last edited:
Nice replies guys.:thumbsup: Pets can get expensive. My mom spent like $200 on the lizard and his lights,ect..., I had a tank and was just given a 55G so we saved there, lord knows I dont have spare money. But crickets and salad for the beardie is cheap enuff, I smoke a few less cigarettes and can afford him. Uknow how you get bit by the minibike bug?? I got bit by the dragon!! I want to know all to know about them, its easy stuff-they need heat and UVA/UVB and fresh food, just really interests me!!:thumbsup: Lets see more pics... Ill post some too!!:drinkup::scooter: