Anyone here into the pocket bikes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for information & web-sites/forums on the various bikes that are coming out of China. How to ID them, which models may be better than others, etc.

I have previously avoided them, but have recently decided that they may provide some interesting parts.

I'm really looking for a forum with a more mature & knowledgeable membership. I've read too many posts about 49cc "racing" engines with 14+ horsepower.:eek:ut:

Thanks
~JM~

125ccCrazy

Looking for information & web-sites/forums on the various bikes that are coming out of China. How to ID them, which models may be better than others, etc.

I have previously avoided them, but have recently decided that they may provide some interesting parts.

I'm really looking for a forum with a more mature & knowledgeable membership. I've read too many posts about 49cc "racing" engines with 14+ horsepower.:eek:ut:

Thanks
~JM~
Yep been into them heavy the last 5 years, not the teeny tiny ones but the Mid Bikes, mainly the 110cc and bigger 4 strokes... I am currently building a 170cc producing somewhere around 15 h.p........

I belong to MidbikeNation.com along with another but but for a Mature scene this one is the best IMO...Yeah we get a few crack pots from time to time but thats delt with when the need arises..

Our site is simular to Old mini Bikes but not nearly as much traffic.......

If you can give me an idea of what parts you are looking for I'm sure I can help you out...I may even have them..

I used to race pocketbikes up here in CNY until NEPBRA dissolved. As far as the chinese bikes are concerned, most of the small 2 strokes arent imported anymore due to EPA regulations. I would invest in a used Blata, DM, or GRC. They are the real deal.

I want to make a super fast,super light briggs 5hp pocketbike.

Alot of the pocketbikes with good mounting plates aren't made that way anymore.:sadcrying4:

i use to be into them. theyre fun to work on every once and awhile. i am a member of midbikenation and pocketbikeplanet. i recommend pocket bike planet.com

125ccCrazy

i use to be into them. theyre fun to work on every once and awhile. i am a member of midbikenation and pocketbikeplanet. i recommend pocket bike planet.com
yeah pocketbikeplanet is more of a kids site :scooter:, not much in the way of custom or radical bikes or builds over there... MBN is more adult oriented...

got my 6 yr old this one for christmas got it used and stripped it down and cleaned it up nice made sure it was on the up and up runs great need an air box for it

125ccCrazy

got my 6 yr old this one for christmas got it used and stripped it down and cleaned it up nice made sure it was on the up and up runs great need an air box for it
That looks good, one of the tiny ones.... Hard to believe adults race them LOL...

You can get performance V-stacks and K&N style airfilters off ebay for them pretty cheap...There are all kinds of performance parts for them bikes, they can be made to push 50mph believe it or not.....

Status
Not open for further replies.