Anyone here pack heat when making a transaction on Craigslist?

jon321

Just wondering how many people pack a gun with them when they buy something off CL or have someone come to their house or goto undisclosed location to make the sale.
I do all the time. I have a CCW, cant trust people.

pomfish

When I am going into an area that I know is suspect or an unknown area, then yes I do.

Had to go into a sketchy area of Harrisburg 3 weeks ago and I did a Google street view and it showed me everything I needed to know.
Have a permit to carry as well, so rather to have it and not need it then to not have it and need it.

Later,
Keith

Just wondering how many people pack a gun with them when they buy something off CL or have someone come to their house or goto undisclosed location to make the sale.
I do all the time. I have a CCW, cant trust people.
When I am going into an area that I know is suspect or an unknown area, then yes I do.

Had to go into a sketchy area of Harrisburg 3 weeks ago and I did a Google street view and it showed me everything I needed to know.
Have a permit to carry as well, so rather to have it and not need it then to not have it and need it.

Later,
Keith

If you need a gun to buy mini bikes you need to quit buying mini bikes . Thats the problem with gun permits , they let the people who should not have them have a permit to carry a loaded gun . People kill people and guns don't . When you pull out that gun there is a good chance you will be shot and you should be prepared to accept that if you have a gun in hand you have a better chance that you will die . Yes we even have a local Sherriff Deputy who has shot himself in the foot while playing with his gun and another Cop shot himself in the leg getting his gun out of the holster , so even the trained personel can't be trusted with them either . You will probably piss your pants the first time someone shoots at you in a real gunfight anyway .:laugh:

who are you afraid of ??
nothing to do with who am I afraid of, it has EVERYTHING to do with its my constitutional right (2nd amendment, read up on it, pretty cool reading) to protect my family and myself, we have a society of folks who dont play nice and I refuse to just roll over and become a victim.
As for your liberal self, I am glad you live in a crime free world, thats awesome I'll bet.:thumbsup:
As for me, I feel the need to be able to take care of myself if the need arises thank you very much. :scooter:

pomfish

If you need a gun to buy mini bikes you need to quit buying mini bikes . Thats the problem with gun permits , they let the people who should not have them have a permit to carry a loaded gun . People kill people and guns don't . When you pull out that gun there is a good chance you will be shot and you should be prepared to accept that if you have a gun in hand you have a better chance that you will die . Yes we even have a local Sherriff Deputy who has shot himself in the foot while playing with his gun and another Cop shot himself in the leg getting his gun out of the holster , so even the trained personel can't be trusted with them either . You will probably piss your pants the first time someone shoots at you in a real gunfight anyway .:laugh:
Not sure I am fully understanding you.
Are you saying that because I have a gun permit, it makes me dangerous?
How, exactly, do you know if I fall into the "people who should not have them" category?

Have we met?
You are doing a lot of "Assuming" and I am sure you know what that leads to.

I do not carry but maybe 5 times a year, does that make me a gun nut?
A danger?
I do not want to shoot someone and hope it never comes to that, however I was a Boy Scout and the number one thing I took from that experience is BE Prepared.

Bottom line is there are no statistics kept on crimes that were thwarted because the potential victim refused to become a victim.

Later,
Keith

zeeman

I'm in the txpowdercoater's fold. I carry everywhere I go that is legal to carry. I would not dream of going somewhere to buy a minibike or anything else without at least one gun. A lot of the time I carry two. Call me paranoid if you want.

I went out to go look at Trail 70 today , way out in the sticks. I brought along the old 9x18 MAK. Its always nice knowing you have some sort of protection if things went sour.

nothing to do with who am I afraid of, it has EVERYTHING to do with its my constitutional right (2nd amendment, read up on it, pretty cool reading) to protect my family and myself, we have a society of folks who dont play nice and I refuse to just roll over and become a victim.
As for your liberal self, I am glad you live in a crime free world, thats awesome I'll bet.:thumbsup:
As for me, I feel the need to be able to take care of myself if the need arises thank you very much. :scooter:

Liberal HA HA Ha I pissed myself laughing .

It is pretty nice living here in Rural Iowa , It's like God's Country here

This is another prime example of people with guns who don't need a gun but is waiting for the day to kill someone who they consider a threat to them or their family . I hope it don't get you killed when you pull it out to use it like other's have been killed . Good Luck

buckeye

The only time a gun is needed is when you use it to shoot. It's not to scare them away. It comes out, it is used. Otherwise it stays handy.

Liberal HA HA Ha I pissed myself laughing .

It is pretty nice living here in Rural Iowa , It's like God's Country here

This is another prime example of people with guns who don't need a gun but is waiting for the day to kill someone who they consider a threat to them or their family . I hope it don't get you killed when you pull it out to use it like other's have been killed . Good Luck
go wipe up yer' piss and realize, the cornfields must be different then the streets of Houston.
I'm not going to debate this with you, I truly hope the day NEVER comes when the need arises for you to protect your family in this manner, but God help you if the day does come and your not ready.

Just because I carry, doesnt make me a bad person, a crazy guy, a shoot from the hip guy, quick to react and spray some lead....gimmie a break, I'm a 49 yr old citizen who has legally carried many many years w/o incident... but guarantee, if the day does come, I would rather take my chances with over without! I'm ready to defend myself and my property with a deadly force....and Lord knows if they take me, I'm bringing some thugs with me. truth

Last edited:
Hey Fat Boy, sounds like you never got your ass kicked by a bunch of as###es just because you're white and in the wrong place, or because some 'associate' is trying to make colors, or because somebody just wants what you have. This world, and life, is beautiful. But there are some people.... you just can't trust. And yes, you pull a weapon, you use it !

You couldn't legally conceal a pistol if you wanted to.
If you realy want to get into the technicality of I can't carry a pistol at all.
Even if I had a permit its only to transport a pistol to a range and back home while its locked in a strong box.

I have some mixed feelings about that.
On the one hand I have no need or desire to carry one.
But on the other I would prefer to have the more liberal Canada of my youth where it long guns were more easily tollerated ( in the window of a pick up, trunk of a car ect ) .

I can think of a few times where a pistol might be nice.
Berry picking in the woods for example just in case of bears.

But since no one keeps a pistol tucked in their pants to make a buisness transaction up here I don't worry about much.
I don't think it even has ever crossed my mind someone might have a pistol on them in public.....

One berry picker packing heat though and all hell breaks loose lol.

Not sure if it practical to drive a round on a mini with an SKS slung over my shoulder.

But a handgun....
Well that might be nice ( but it will never happen in Canada ).

Interesting thread.
But does not aply to me.
I neather condem or condone handguns.