anyone try riding on street

just wandering if a db30 going down the road to work with a slow moving orange triangle mounted on back has ever been tried,and if so was cop laghing or pissed.

bandit 40

I was told by the local sheriff dep. in Toledo, depending on the officer and how his day is going :confused: that if you are under 50cc ,with that operating brake , tail and headlights lights with the orange triangle and obeying all the rules, you may or may not get away with riding on the street, but this does not make it legal, so if you run across an officer that is in a bad mood your screwed:thumbdown:..........

I'm in north Alabama and my buddy is a cop. We've talked about this a time or two and his perspective is this.....as long as you aren't holding up traffic and/or causing a dangerous situation to other vehicles, it's not a big deal. I know of a couple guys that started riding mopeds to work last summer when gas was outragous and they don't go much faster.....though they did have lights......I'm thinking if you could get the mini going atleast 35mph and put some sort of battery powered turn signal on it, you shouldn't have any worries (at least in alabama)......

If you could figure out how to mount a gun rack onto the mini, you'd have some of the local rednecks envious :smile:

just wandering if a db30 going down the road to work with a slow moving orange triangle mounted on back has ever been tried,and if so was cop laghing or pissed.
Hmmmm....Central Pennsylvania, Byler, Slow moving vehicle, Orange triangle. You've got to be Amish. I'm guessing Belleville. My only question is; what the hell are you doing with a computer? Now the answer to your question. Unless you can figure some way to attach a plow or manure spreader to your DB you'll be the one pissed and the cop will be the one laughing. Machts nicht zu mir! Ogy.

You can ride them here, if they have head and tail lights with turn signals. Don't even need a plate if they don't go over 25 MPH on a flat surface.:smile:

in MA not only do you need headlights, tail lights and turn signals, but you need a reg. sticker for it to be street legal. Bummer, but I dont seem to have a problem...

I ride on the street, I've got no other choice, if they catch you on bike trails or in "the park" on the people trails you're in deep doo. I also go out around 11pm with my son on Fridays and weekends and ride in the big parking lots around the house. Usually all the businesses are closed and there are rarely any cars on the lots. The only guff I've had there, was the lot sweeper trying to chase me off, once. I've never been pulled over, or chased by the law, but then again, I don't ride wild or stupid. Concrete HURTS!!!

Ride safe, Rudy.

Last edited:
Thanks every one and for you Ogygopsis if I was in Belleville I wouldn't even have ask the question I would ride up and down that valley every day I could.But it sounds like you should know that and no I don't speak dutch just grew up on a farm where we were driving at age 12 couse dad needed us to.Later

Its funny how the laws are different everywhere!Here,mini's are forbidden on the street and mopeds have to be registered,plated and insured.The bike has to have headlight,tail light,turn signals,horn,mirrors then the cops will leave us alone.Mini's are allowed on trails without a trail pass as long as you have a plate($15.00 a yr)I'm going to try to register mine for street this spring as my bike is to code now but I heard that once a mini has been registered as a trail bike,you can never change it but I'm going to try to pass it as a custom and see if that works.

Hmmmm....Central Pennsylvania, Byler, Slow moving vehicle, Orange triangle. You've got to be Amish. I'm guessing Belleville. My only question is; what the hell are you doing with a computer? Now the answer to your question. Unless you can figure some way to attach a plow or manure spreader to your DB you'll be the one pissed and the cop will be the one laughing. Machts nicht zu mir! Ogy.
You made my day with that evaluation on the flip side we all could learn from Belleville amish they will strap a briggs on about everything to say it doesn't have electric start

law

i sold a honda gyro to a man frome wv last saturday,he told me in his state
a 14 year old could ride eny motor driven 2 wheeler in that state,BUT only
on roads that are not lined,so i suspose county roads w/o lines ? how bout it
you wv guys,.:scooter::scooter::scooter:

another thing i've noticed is that cops don't seem to mess with kids on go-peds. my friend's neighbor's kid rides all over the place on his (just uses the bike lane) and has never had a problem. he'll ride from his house to the Blockbuster which is a couple of miles away.

i know if i tried that on a mini around there and a cop saw me i'd be getting stopped.